One of the most well-liked operating systems available is called Tizen. It has many opportunities, however, it can be easily missed and underestimated. With an 11% market share, Statistics clearly demonstrate that Tizen is the industry leader for streaming TV devices globally. If you know how to utilize Tizen properly, it may be the ideal setting for developing a streaming platform, app, or piece of software.
What is Tizen, how does it compare to other operating systems, and what are its advantages? All the solutions are in our exhaustive guide.
What Exactly Is Tizen?
The Linux Foundation is the home of Tizen, an open-source operating system built on the Linux platform. To put it another way, Tizen is nothing more than an additional operating system for various devices. It is comparable to Android or iOS. Developers and anybody else who wishes to contribute are welcome. For example, it has been widely used to create and develop Tizen TV apps. You may use it without restriction to create system software and apps and distribute them globally.
Tizen is based on standard components and functionality, making it much simpler to tailor your end product and adapt it to new technology.
All profiles in Tizen are created on top of a shared infrastructure known as Tizen Common. Due to the potential for progress that openness provides, this feature is crucial.
Additionally, Tizen OS enables smooth device synchronization so that you may build a cohesive ecosystem and enhance the user and developer experience.
An excellent option for other well-liked operating systems is Tizen. Tizen may be the best option if you’re searching for something out of the ordinary.
What Devices Is Tizen Good for?
Tizen is a versatile OS that works with a variety of gadgets. However, Samsung electronics are the only one with it. That’s because Samsung was largely responsible for its development and use. It eventually opened up and is now accessible to everyone. Here is a brief list of gadgets compatible with Tizen:
- Smart TV
Basically, any electronic gadget may run Tizen OS. Because it’s not restricted to just one app, you have additional opportunities to connect with the audience. With the help of this operating system, users may have a unified user experience across all devices, access all content with ease, and watch their preferred TV series and movies whenever and wherever they choose.
How Is Tizen Different from Other OS?
Tizen OS is allegedly inferior to iOS and Android, according to some. It is still developing and will soon include more functions. Let’s examine the fundamental distinctions between Tizen and other operating systems:
Tizen is identical to other widely used OSs. It offers advantages and few restrictions, similar to, say, Android OS. In a nutshell, the primary features are as follows:
- Since it is open-source, it enables customization and individualization of the user interface. Rhus, developers have the flexibility to experiment with new ideas, make improvements, and adjustments;
- It is built on HTML5, which enables quicker development times and less expensive app development. HTML-savvy developers may also create a user-friendly, dynamic interface that enhances UX;
- This OS’s applications are compatible with Android.
- Both consumers and developers may easily traverse Tizen’s lightweight UI;
- Tizen is compatible with all Samsung products since it is available on Samsung hardware;
- Tizen OS is global and offers customers greater flexibility because it works with a variety of devices (smart TVs, cameras, appliances, smartphones, and more). It lets individuals connect all of their devices and have a well-rounded collection of tools that work well together;
- The user interface of smart TV may change somewhat from that of popular Android TV, but overall, the bottom-bar menus, settings, and other components all function in the same way;
- Scalability and great performance are features of Tizen.
You might not always find IoT (Internet of Things) in other OSs. What is IoT in Tizen, and why is it essential? It concerns two crucial aspects:
- Device convergence, or the interconnectedness of all devices, opens up more opportunities for extending control to more devices.
- Connectivity simply refers to the creation of a single system by all of your Tizen-powered devices. They may be freely connected. This is true of “smart homes,” where you may synchronize all gadgets to improve the quality of life in your house.
Tizen OS has a significant edge over other OSs when it comes to IoT. It synchronizes across many appliances and gadgets without any issues. Better UX and increased living comfort result from this.
A platform for development is known as Tizen Studio. It enables Tizen native and web app development, building, debugging profiling, and emulation. There are roughly 200 online example apps in its repository. These can aid in your understanding of the framework and assist you in developing your own concepts.
For platform or app development, you may utilize Tizen Studio to optimize programs and build your work on tried-and-true techniques. Alternatively, you might create the product in your preferred setting.
Is Tizen Better Than Android or iOS?
It’s a good idea to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages before selecting the OS system for your streaming platform or application. Thought to still be the most widely used mobile operating systems are Android and iOS. However, there is a good reason why Tizen is the market leader for streaming TV devices.
Pros of Tizen:
- It has a user-friendly interface and is a lightweight environment;
- It is well-optimized and uses less battery power. Samsung electronics often use less energy;
- Intel offers support for it. This is significant because Intel supports Samsung, which means Tizen OS has a bright future. Even while it is currently restricted, it will most certainly develop soon;
- Despite having a small selection of apps, it nonetheless supports all the widely used streaming services;
- It provides flawless casting to smartphones;
- Tizen, which is based on IoT, covers all devices and offers a complete and cutting-edge user experience that anybody may customize.
Cons of Tizen:
- People who are not tech-savvy may find it challenging because it may need for extensive customization. Additionally, some crucial information is missing from the documentation, therefore using this OS requires the appropriate knowledge and abilities;
- There is no app store, which can restrict access to users’ preferred content;
- When it comes to intelligent ideas or recommendations, some individuals argue that it’s not as intelligent as Android.
Is Tizen Good for You?
It’s a good idea to assess your demands before making a decision if you’re thinking about developing a streaming platform based on Tizen OS. There is no universal method for selecting the best OS for an individual. Everything is dependent on a number of crucial factors:
- Your goals;
- Your budget;
- Your target audience;
- Developers` skills and experience;
- What devices it will support
However, as market needs and user expectations are always rising, Tizen will expand its ecosystem. As a result, you may anticipate more. Your developers can build the platform for you from scratch if they have the necessary experience.