Good news for those of you who are considering the purchase of 2 of the latest Xiaomi models , namely Redmi 5 plus and Redmi Note 5 : the team that develops TWRP – the most widespread custom recovery of the Android modding landscape – announced the ‘inclusion of the 2 devices in the list of those officially supported .
With the guide ahead now you can simply install official TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 or Redmi 5 plus. Xiaomi’s newest Note flagship has been launched in 2018 and with the launch, TeamWin has quickly extended support for it with its TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery. after installation, you’d have complete access to all or any of TeamWin’s TWRP features that include the ability to root, flash custom packages and more.
As developers begin releasing more and more custom ROMs for the phone, you’d be able to simply install them with this custom recovery. thus today in this tutorial, we will present the detailed method to assist you to install TWRP recovery and root Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 plus.
A custom recovery conjointly helps you to install custom ROMs, and make full backups of your phone that you can simply restore later when required. Before you get on to install TWRP 3.1.0 on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, please ensure you backup your phone and data wipe isn’t required in this tutorial, however, you never knew if anything would go wrong.
- Make sure bootloader of your Redmi device is unlocked.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from device Setting > Developer Options.
- A complete device backup is recommended as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- There should be enough battery level on your device so that the installation process executes without any interruptions.
- Download & install Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus USB Drivers on Windows PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Windows.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus:
- 1. Download TWRP Recovery .img file from the following link and rename it to twrp.img.
- 2. Copy the twrp.img file to the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
- 3. Navigate to the same directory now as to where you have the Fastboot folder and Shift + Right-click anywhere in the folder. Then choose Open command window here.
- 4. Now you need to connect the Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus to PC and enter the following commands one after another.
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will boot your device into Fastboot / Bootloader mode.
- 5. Once your phone is in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- TWRP Recovery will be automatically flashed on your device.
- 6. Finally, enter the below command to reboot your device into normal mode.
This is the complete guide for the installation of TWRP 3.2.1 Custom Recovery in Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Redmi 5 Plus.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and Page which keeps you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.