The Need for Satellite Phones:
Imagine you are scrolling through social media in the safety of your hostel away from your family. All of a sudden, you get to know your hometown gets struck by a flood. Their network went down, power cut off, and there’s no way to communicate with your family. Except that there is a way: a satellite phone. You dial your house and within seconds, you’re in touch with your family. Search incidences are widespread in natural disasters or any other emergency situations where networking is not available and the need to be in touch with people is important. Satellite phones are the best solution for communication without interruption due to the fact that they are connected to satellite away from the earth, hence making their connections immune to calamities.
Choosing the Right SIM Card:
There are a lot of SIM cards that are for different needs like Irisium, Thuraya, Inmarsat.
- The Iridium satellite SIM cards can provide a lot of global prepaid and regional prepaid plans so that they provide global communication service to the SIM cardholders. This service ranges from 75 to 5000 minutes.
- The Thuraya prepaid plan is said to be the best because it has packages that are valid up to 12 months from the first call that the holder makes. The prepaid vouchers can be available through scratch codes.
- Finally, the Inmarsat Prepaid SIM card is a popular Internet provider with monthly plans and vouchers. It provides a user with a pretty good Internet connection. Still, it can also cause unwanted disruption in the connection due to being in mountain ranges, especially when the area is 50° above north or below 50° south in latitude.
Benefits of Satellite Phones:
The benefits of having a satellite phone are multiple, but only if you don’t live in a country where it is banned.
- It allows people to gain ample connection and smooth signals no matter where they are located in the world.
- It will enable people to stay connected to loved ones in any emergency situations, including natural disasters.
- It allows people to make a once-in-a-lifetime investment on their phones and benefit from any emergency.
- It will enable people to travel with peace of mind, knowing that they can stay connected with their loved ones no matter where they go. They can also have their travel needs fulfilled by connecting through this phone.
To sum it up, it has been made clear that you can choose your own satellite SIM depending on your needs and what suits you according to your region. The number of hours and necessary subscriptions to suit your needs can help you a lot. It can be very handy and can fulfill a lot of your needs in emergency situations. If it is legal in your country, it is highly recommended to keep it in your possession and use it when the need for it arises.