After months of development, the new LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, already available for some smartphones, has finally been released. In addition to providing all the features of the latest version of the green robot, this new major update also introduces support for Project Treble, a platform that should make versioning operations in the future easier and faster.
In this version, there are some tasty new features, which expand the already rich panorama of tools provided by the custom ROM. For example, note the addition of additional customization possibilities for the interface, LiveDisplay, and automatic backgrounds. The Trebuchet launcher has been revised and corrected and now also supports third-party icon packs, while the integrated camera app is now able to read QR codes.
But these are just some of the many innovations and profound changes made to the new version of LineageOS, which has been profoundly readjusted and cleaned up by any unnecessary code, deprecated features and other tools that are no longer useful, with general optimizations and improvements.
Regarding the devices supported by the new version 15.1 or the relative changes for the other versions, here is the list of the models and the links for the pages dedicated to them.
Models with LineageOS support 15.1 (Oreo 8.1)
- Google Nexus 6P – angler
- Google Nexus 5X – bullhead
- LeEco Le Pro3 / Le Pro3 Elite – zl1
- OnePlus 3 / 3T – oneplus3
- OnePlus 5 – cheeseburger
- OnePlus 5T – dumplin
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) – gts210vewifi
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) – gts28vewifi
- Xiaomi Mi 5 – gemini
- Xiaomi Mi 5S – capricorn
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus – natrium
Models with LineageOS support 14.1 (Nougat 7.1)
- Google Nexus Player – fugu
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport – kltesprsports
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Flat (zerofltexx) and Edge (zeroltexx
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S and 3X – land
- Sony Xperia Z5 – sumire
- ZTE Axon 7 Mini – tulip
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ( Korean ) – support included in the LTE variant
- Motorola Moto Z Play – addison
- Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile – jfltetmo – support included in the variant Samsung Galaxy S4 International (LTE) – jfltex
Models without more LineageOS support 14.1 (Nougat 7.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S III US – in the AT & T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon variants
- Asus Zenfone 2 – in the variants ZE500CL (Z00D) , ZE550ML (Z008) and ZE551ML (Z00A)
Furthermore, it should be noted that the development of the LineageOS version 13 has been officially abandoned and, with the exception of updates to the security patches, there will no longer be releases of the ROM Marshmallow- based ROM versions.
Already from yesterday, the first experimental builds of LineageOS 15.1 are available for compatible devices, while the nightly versions will be published starting from tomorrow 25 February 2018. For all the information on the custom ROM and to download the installation files for the supported models, you can refer to the official website.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page which keeps you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.