WinfrGUI restores deleted system files with a clean graphical user interface. For data recovery, the program uses the Windows File Recovery service built in to the system and displays it in a GUI interface that is easy to see. This makes using free Windows 10 File Recovery much easier for the user. It is no longer necessary to start the service from the CMD command line.
The program supports all known file systems NTFS, FAT, exFAT, and ReFS. It has two scanning modes – fast and deep. Quick Scan – recovers files with directory structure and file names under NTFS. In contrast, the second scan mode – recovers a larger number of files that have lost the directory structure and file names. WinfrGUI recovers (recover my files using cmd) all types of files – photos, documents, or other multimedia files. We can recover data that we accidentally deleted from a drive or even from formatted disks or damaged media.
WinfrGUI is a program for data recovery from any type of drive, which is a third-party graphical shell for a similar system utility “winfr” (can be installed in Windows 10 and 11 from the Microsoft Store). This is free software for computers running Windows 10/11 (32 and 64 bits). The program interface is in English.
WHY DO YOU NEED WINFRGUI?
WinfrGUI application is designed to recover data from any type of rewritable drive formatted with NTFS, FAT, exFAT, or ReFS file system. The utility is able to restore:
- Files are deleted by the user himself or automatically by the system or programs.
- Files from formatted drives.
- As well as files damaged due to logical errors on the disk.
Note that the WinfrGUI program is a graphical shell for the winfr.exe system utility, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 build 2004 and later operating systems (including Windows 11). However, the indicated utility is a console utility, i.e. to work with it requires the use of the command line.
WinfrGUI does not need to install “winfr.exe” to run. Even if this system utility is not present on the computer, WinfrGUI will still work without problems.
FUNCTIONS OF THE WINFRGUI PROGRAM
WinfrGUI is a highly specialized program designed exclusively for recovering deleted/disappeared data from drives. However, it has several options:
- Two modes of scanning drives – fast and deep. The first involves restoring only “normally” deleted files by reading information about them from the NTFS file system table. Deep Scan allows you to recover data from logically damaged and formatted media by block-by-block reading of data from the disk surface (HDD) or memory cells (flash drives, etc.).
- Ability to select file formats for recovery. By default,WinfrGUI recovers files of any type, but in the settings, the user can select only the categories of interest to him: documents, images, videos, audio, web files and archives. It is also possible to specify your own extensions (.dll, .ogg, etc.) as a filter for scanning the disk (files with all other extensions will be ignored).
- Ability to select specific folders for scanning, but only on one of the local drives.
The WinfrGUI program does not provide the function of previewing files before their recovery, as well as the ability to select files for recovery. Everything that the application manages to restore is placed in the specified folder (along with the original folder structure).