Xiaomi already released MIUI 8 Global Stable Update for all its Mi & Redmi smartphones. With this, many of the users might have already upgraded their device from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8 latest firmware. As it is a major update rollout, it brings several new features, colourful UI, bug fixes and performance improvements. You can refer our link to manually download MIUI 8 ROM and install on your Xiaomi smartphone.
However, if you’re one among those user who currently facing software related issues then the best option is to go back to older version or MIUI 7 ROM. Regarding the same, here we have simple guide on how to downgrade Xiaomi Mi & Redmi phone from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7.
Before we take you to the downgrade process, make sure to check out all the below pre-requisites –
This guide is meant to work only with Xiaomi MIUI smartphones. Don’t try on any other Android models.
Make sure the battery level is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the upgrade process.
Install suitable Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
During the installation process all your device data including call logs, messages, music, and videos might be erased. So, it is asked to perform complete device backup.
Enable USB Debugging from device settings.
How to Go Back/Downgrade from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7:
1. Firstly, go to MIUI Download page from the following link and find the appropriate MIUI 7 ROM for your Mi/Redmi device. Make sure not to unzip/extract the .zip file.
2. Transfer the ROM file from your computer to device storage via USB cable.
3. Once done, disconnect the device from PC.
4. From app drawer, you need to launch a special tool called “Updater”.
5. Tap on three dots located at the top right corner of the screen.
6. From the list of options, you need to select “Choose update package”.
7. Now, select the MIUI 7 ROM .zip file which you have copied to phone storage in step 2.
8. Next, tap on update button to start the update process.
9. Wait till the MIUI 7 firmware is successfully installed on your device. Once done, choose the reboot option.
Congratulations! You have successfully downgraded your Xiaomi Mi/Redmi phone from MIUI 8 to MIUI 7. If you face any issues during the downgrade process or if you have any questions, feel free to ask us via below comments.