Control Center is the most beautiful aspect of the MIUI 12 update. It replaces the classic Quick Settings panel on Xiaomi phones and brings a beautiful interface to the quick settings panel. However, the report says that the new feature plagues performance issues on budget Xiaomi phones like Redmi Note 8, Note 9, and other Xiaomi phones.
A recent update seems to be removed the Use new Control Center option from many budget Xiaomi phones, like Redmi Note 9. So users are required to use the old Quick Settings panel. Fortunately, there is a workaround to restore the missing MIUI 12 Control Center on Redmi and Poco phones.
If the Use new Control Center on/off option under MIUI 12 Notification shade settings is missing on your Redmi or other Xiaomi phone, follow the steps below to bring it back.
Steps to Restore Missing MIUI 12 Control Center on Redmi Phones
1. First, install the SetEdit app (link) by downloading it from Google Play Store.
2. Next, open the settings database editor app, scroll down and tap on the ‘use_control_panel’ string.
3. Next, tap on the EDIT VALUE option, set the value to 1, and tap on the SAVE CHANGES option.
4. If the ‘
use_control_panel’ string is missing in the database editor, tap on Add New Setting option at the very top, enter the string
use_control_panel and tap on SAVE CHANGES option.
5. Next, exit the application, open it again, and follow the above second and third steps again.
6. Now, go to Settings > Notification > Notification Shade > Control Center & Status bar > and turn on Use new Control Center.
Read Also: Update Daily: Latest Android 11 MIUI 12.5 Official ROMs Download and Install for all Xiaomi Devices
That is all how to enable missing MIUI 12 Control Center on your Redmi and other Xiaomi phones. If the above method does not help, you can bring it by installing the Mi Control Center application.