A few days ago we told you about the official arrival of the new MIUI 11 for the Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro devices – read more The MIUI 11 is coming Stable for Redmi Note 7 and Redmi 7 dedicated to users of the Chinese market. Today, however, Xiaomi has announced the arrival of the much sought after an update for Mi MIX 2.
Obviously, even for this device, the current release concerns only the units sold on the Chinese market. It is, however, possible to install the MIUI 11 China Stable release also on a Global / European device by unlocking the bootloader and using a Custom recovery to install the firmware.
In any case, we do not recommend that you perform this procedure as the ROM you are going to install is designed for the Chinese market, and is therefore devoid of Google Play Services. You can install Google Play Services after installing the new ROM on the device, but total compatibility is not guaranteed.
The complete update changelog is as follows:
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Use your fingerprint to open
- Fix: Folder with unimportant notification was displayed all incoming notifications were important
- Optimization: Improved blocklist functionality
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the Game Turbo toolbox: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Fix: Red envelope assistant issues in Mi AI
- Fix: Couldn’t turn Red envelope assistant on and off
- Fix: Red envelope assistant TalkBack compatibility issues
- Fix: Issues with establishing the connection to new printers
- Fix: Previews for printed documents weren’t displayed correctly
- Fix: The Print button wasn’t displayed correctly when no printers were selecteFix: Going back from the page of available printers led to errors
To be able to download the complete firmware to install on your device, instead, you can refer to MIUI 11 China Stable Mi MIX 2 (Recovery, no special firmware version is required).
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.