At the Xiaomi 13 series & MIUI 14 new product launch conference held tonight, Jin Fan, Xiaomi product director, and MIUI experience chief, officially released the new MIUI 14 operating system.
Data show that in the 12th year of MIUI, the global monthly active users reached 564 million. At the press conference, Jin Fan said that the MIUI14 system will launch the “Razor Project”, including system simplification, application cleaning, and notification management, “making the system as light as a swallow, as light as ever.
- System simplification: ultra-small firmware, memory usage, and ultra-few applications that cannot be uninstalled;
- Application cleaning: save only one copy of duplicate files, and compress low-frequency applications;
- Notification management: resident notifications can be closed with one swipe, and new app notifications require authorization.
MIUI 14 is equipped with a new MIUI photon engine, which “operates” on the underlying Android kernel, and opens this capability to third-party application developers to achieve a smoother system, smoother third-party applications, and more power-saving applications. Application energy savings of up to 22%.
In terms of privacy, MIUI 14 further strengthens the end-side privacy capabilities. All local computing, zero data to the cloud, has covered 30+ system scenarios; image extraction and text are all local computing, fast extraction, accurate recognition; real-time bilingual subtitles for video conferences, recording, and translation are more confidential.
In terms of design, MIUI 14 brings a richer personalized visual experience, including large and varied icons and pet ornaments. Among them, the changeable large icons support 4 sizes of each icon, making the desktop more interesting; the flower pet ornaments are interactive cute desktop objects, making the desktop come alive.
In terms of interconnection, MIUI interconnection, two major interconnection centers, covering one billion devices. According to Xiaomi data, this time, the new high-speed interconnection bus has increased the speed of earphone discovery by 50%, the speed of mobile TV connection by 12%, and the speed of picture transmission during streaming by 77%.
Jin Fan said that “people-centered, connecting people and everything” is MIUI’s concept of interconnection. Being human-centered means paying attention to human perception and conforming to user intuition. MIUI 14 Xiaomi Miaoxiang Center has added earphone transfer, which supports one-drag and connects, quick settings, cross-device control, etc.
- One-drag and connect: drag the earphone pendant, no need to pair, easy and direct connection;
- Quick setting: click on the earphone pendant, and choose the audio setting as you like;
- Cross-device control: The headset can be connected to any device, and it can be controlled by clicking.
At the same time, the new version of Mijia also brings easy-to-use automation to make the home smarter. The complex operation that used to require ten steps is now realized in three steps, including the first step to select the equipment that needs to be automated, the second step to click automation, the third step to click create, and the settings are complete. In terms of smart homes, the new version of Mijia makes the smart home easier to use and more worry-free.
- Easy-to-use automation: multi-select devices, easy-to-create automation;
- Automatic induction: summarize the 4 types of equipment that are used frequently and group them by room;
- Full scene notification: security alarm, multi-terminal synchronous reminder;
- Local control: The response speed is 3 times faster, and it can be used even when the network is disconnected.
It is worth mentioning that MIUI 14 brings new family service functions, including family accounts, shared cloud space, and shared photo albums.
- Family account: Up to 9 people can form a family and share services with your loved ones;
- Shared cloud space: Gold and above members can share cloud space with independent data;
- Shared photo album: A collection of family memories, which can also be set as a family screen saver.
In addition, MIUI 14 has also made a thoughtful design for the children and elders at home, supports the agreement with the children on the duration of use, and cultivates good habits through screen time management; it can also check the health data of the elders in real-time, and actively notify the device of abnormal heart rate and blood oxygen.