I just found out that there is an easy way to convert your chuwi hi8 pro dual boot tablet to a windows only tablet with one big ~28GB C: drive.
Here is what I did to archieve this:
- Download the windows firmware image matching your tablet version from the official firmware thread:
- Unpack the firmware image.
- Navigate to [Firmware_ROOT]/Scripts , there should be one file named Main.cmd
- Open Main.cmd and find following line ” set OS_Attributes=2 “
- Change this line to ” set OS_Attributes=1 “
- Copy this “modified” firmware to an USB Flashdrive and install it to your tablet like you would install the official windows firmware (See here: [https://forum.chuwi.com/ 59 ]
OPTIONAL: (Remove OS Selection Screen when booting)
- Find the SwitchNOW.exe in the hidden recovery folder (See here: ](https://forum.chuwi.com 12
- Run SwitchNOW.exe, a prompt will pop up asking you if you want to boot to Android. Select NO .
- Another promt will pop up, select the Disable radio button at “Boot menu configuration” and exit the program.
This will delete android and will reinstall windows onto one big partition.
PS: You can always get Android/Dual Boot back using this tutorial:
PSS: I am pretty sure this works for other tablets too! All windows firmwares come with this Main.cmd script. This script always has two installation routines, one for single OS and one for dual OS. You only have to edit the script so it executes the single OS routine instead of the dual OS. In most scripts you only need to change a variable (linke on hi8 pro, see above), in some other scripts you have to modify a goto statement.
WARNING: Make sure to back up your data bevore performing this! I am not responisble for any damage or data loss!