Xiaomi’s developers have officially released the MIUI 12.2.1 stable internal beta update to the top of the Redmi K30 Pro. The new system is deeply customized based on Android 11 and updated with the October 2020 Google security patch.
It should be noted that this update is an Android cross-version upgrade. To reduce the upgrade risk, it is recommended to back up personal data in advance. At the same time, some third-party applications do not have their own version adaptations, which may affect normal use.
Analyzing the technical details of the update, the Redmi K30 Pro is receiving the MIUI V18.104.22.168.RJKCNXM build with an installation file of 3.3GB. In short, this is a big update that probably not only takes a long time to download (which totally depends on the internet connection) but also a lot of time to install.
Trying to optimally translate the screenshot changelog, the update to Android 11 on the Redmi K30 Pro introduces:
- The floating function panel supports compression and fast expansion.
- It also offers a better viewing function in portrait mode and a top-notch reading experience in landscape mode
- One-click [Import PDF] function for documents
- October 2020 security patch
- MIUI optimization
- VLOG Mode: Adds two “Story and Rhythm” templates
- VLOG mode supports the draft function. You can save the current shooting progress in the draft box
- AI Watermarks – Adds 3 location watermarks including latitude and longitude
- Optimized 8K recording mode with integration in the top menu bar
- After the user has adjusted the zoom ratio of each function in the camera, that option will remain unchanged when the camera is reopened within 30 seconds
As mentioned, the OTA update being released on Redmi K30 Pro, for now is reserved only for the Chinese version but we will not be surprised if in the next few days something also moves with regard to the Global version.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets, and more from the technology world of the future.