As expected, this evening, on the first day of the Google I / O 2018 , Android P entered the beta branch with developer preview 2 ensuring new features, greater stability and several performance improvements compared to the previous release.
The news, however, do not end here because it has expanded the portfolio of products supported compared to the first release: in addition to Google Pixel, in fact, Android P , in the form of beta, is also available for download for Sony Xperia XZ2 , Essential Phone PH- 1 , Nokia 7 Plus , Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S , Oppo R15 Pro , Vivo X21 and OnePlus 6.
This means that all the aforementioned smartphones are able to download and install Android P, in the form of developer preview and then beta, through the Android Beta program . Whether it’s about Project Treble or not, this is a huge step forward to speed up the release of updates from device manufacturers.
The Android China developer website also released the introduction and upgrade portal of the above models for the first time. However, Oneplus 6 cannot be upgraded because it has not yet been released , but this also quietly increases the expectations of the outside world.
The official Android P new features of Google include:
- 1. Android P added support for notch screens;
- 2, the new battery management capabilities can automatically adjust the screen brightness according to user need;
- 3. The upgraded Do Not Disturb feature automatically turns on when the user puts the screen on the desktop with the screen facing downwards, freeing you from all sorts of notifications;
- 4, Dashboard function, the user can set the maximum use time of the day of the App to help you get rid of the mobile phone addiction;
- 5, a new gesture operation, Android P canceled the 3 virtual keys, the function is concentrated on the “bar”;
- 6. Application prediction, the system can provide accurate App push according to the user’s usage habits and scenes.
Anyone with a compatible smartphone, therefore, not necessarily a Google Pixel , can immediately try Android P , keeping in mind though that it is in beta and therefore may present bugs, malfunctions, battery drain, crashes and other problems. That said, go here to download the version for your smartphone.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.