The latest OxygenOS 9.5.4 (Global) and OxygenOS 9.5.5 (EU) update starts rolling out for OnePlus 7 Pro global variant and EU variants respectively. The update improves HDR image quality and NightScape photos on the phone. It will also optimize double tap to wake and ambient display features. Both updates (9.5.4 and 9.5.5) are basically the same and include various bug fixes and improvements.
OnePlus 7 Pro was launched a week ago with some exciting specifications and features. The 90Hz Fluid AMOLED display with HDR10+ support, the triple camera set up (48MP main camera), a pop-up selfie camera, and Snapdragon 855 Octa processor are few examples. The latest OxygenOS 9.5.4 (Global) 9.5.5 (EU) update fixes some critical bugs reported by users, such as low photo quality, double tap to wake and ambient display.
OxygenOS 9.5.4 (Global) and OxygenOS 9.5.5 (EU) are incremental OTA updates, so wait to get it. If you have not received it, check it in the System Update menu (Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates) or download the full OTA update zip file from below link and install manually.
Official changelogs (OxygenOS 9.5.4/ 9.5.5):
– Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
– Fixed an issue that causes an audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
– General bug fixes and improvements
– Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
– Improved image quality in low light
– Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
– Fixed focus issue in several scenarios
As said above OxygenOS 9.5.4 (Global) and OxygenOS 9.5.5 (EU) OTA update is a staged roll out, so it will require few days to complete it. If you want to capture the OTA update early, either install a VPN app (set the location Canada or Germany in VPN) and check for the update. Alternatively use the Oxygen Updater app (unofficial).
To install the update manually, you can download the full OTA update file directly from the link below and then follow the installation instruction given at end of this article.
OxygenOS 9.5.4 (Global) – [download]
OxygenOS 9.5.5 (EU) – [download]
Oxygen OS 9.5.3GM21AA (Global) – [download] – Md5: 818f147bea2c44cb00d3cb99af1422b6
Oxygen OS 9.5.3GM21BA (Global) – [download] – MD5: fcec14e2ec053d67c793a27bfdef17d0
How to Install Latest OxygenOS Update on OnePlus 7 Pro
Download the latest OxygenOS full OTA update zip file from above link and then follow below steps. This method will not wipe user data from the phone, but we recommend to back up your data first.
1. Download firmware zip file and save it in the root directory (not in any folder) of your OnePlus device.
2. Now, open Settings app, click System updates menu, then tap on the top right settings icon and choose Local Upgrade.
3. It will start searching for an upgrade package. Once you see an upgrade package, tap on it and then click the install option.