Finally, Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (sakura) has started rolling Android 9.0 Pie stable update based on MIUI 10. The stable build is currently rolling for Redmi 6 Pro China variant which comes with all MIUI 10 features along with Android 9.0 Pie feature. Now you can download and install the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update.
The update is currently available to download and install manually on your phone. It can take a few days or weeks for Xiaomi to start rolling the official beta update via OTA. Once the Xiaomi started rolling, you can manually check for the software update by going to Settings > About phone > System update. This way you can upgrade your device to Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update. The update is simple and easy to follow. You can either upgrade via normal local upgrade option under the software update option or you can install the zip file via TWRP Recovery.
Redmi 6 Pro features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi 6 Pro comes with Dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
MIUI 8.11.15 China Beta ROM Changelog
- Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Added support for unlocking apps via face
Lock screen, status bar, notification bar
- Optimize to set the status bar height equal to the height of the bangs
- Fix timer page button click flashing problem
- Fix the problem that the clock flashes on a special date
- Fix the problem that the calculator crashes when the small love classmate is not turned on.
- Add cloudy and smog animation
- Optimize 15-day trend interface adaptation
- Optimize large font and screen density related issues
- Optimize settings page for system apps and more apps for copywriting and icons
- After fixing the font adjustment, the icon shows an abnormal problem.
Download MIUI Stable Pie ROM:
- MIUI V10.3.1.0.PDICNXM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI 9.3.28 Weekly ROM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI 9.3.28 Weekly ROM: Fastboot ROM
Steps to Install Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update manually
Make sure to download the pre-required downloadable files and drivers.
- This China stable ROM can be installed only on Redmi 6 Pro Chinese variant. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi model.
- Backup all your important data.
- There should be at least 70% battery level on your device to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and install the Mi Flash tool on your PC. (Fastboot method)
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
Once you have downloaded the above file for your Redmi 6 Pro (sakura), you are all set to install it on your device.
How to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)
A quick note: Make sure that you follow every step carefully. If you didn’t follow any step, then you might end up bricking your Redmi 6 Pro. IGeeKphone won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura). Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI on Redmi 6 Pro:
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.