Good news arrives this Friday for lovers of customization and changes in devices with Android embedded, is especially convenient for those who prefer to install ROMs changed by developers on their devices. The main purpose of TWRP is to provide users with the simplest and safest way to install the desired firmware on their smartphone with minimal risk.
The first and most relevant novelty is that the Open GApps team has officially made the latest downloadable package available to users and developers, thus allowing its installation in customized versions based on Android 10, which for the time being only available in “pico” versions. and “nano”.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC/MAC.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Unlock bootloader of Mi A3 using our guide.
- Ensure the phone’s battery is more than 60%
- Backup important data on any external media
- Download the latest TWRP from here.
- Download the latest Magisk manager and install it on your phone.
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data; although this a safe procedure, its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- In order to install TWRP, on your Mi A3, the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA,” Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Mi A3 requires the use of fastboot, so install the ADB drivers on PC or Mac.
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Mi A3.
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Xiaomi Mi A3 TWRP Recovery
Although we try our best to update the links and keep them posted, we encourage you always to check the XDA thread for the latest updates available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi A3
- Download the latest Mi A3 TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there.
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode. (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode.
- Now type the below command on your command window. fastboot devices
- To flash the recovery, type the command. (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installled TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device.
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Mi A3:
- Download Magisk.zip
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device
That’s it; you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify the root.
In addition, because it is the official version of this, we will have support from the Team Win Recovery Project for any questions or problems when installing or using it. In addition, in this way, the TWRP version will be much more stable than the unofficial ones we had to date.