Do you know how to root and install TWRP recovery on MI MIX? Xiaomi MI MIX is the first bezel-less smartphone with 91.3% screen to body ratio from Xiaomi. We believe most users want to test it. But when you get the phone, you may want to root it, right? Just follow the steps below.
Firstly, Xiaomi Mi Mix users need to install TWRP Recovery and then flash SuperSu to achieve root. Before starting the procedure, make sure the bootloader of Mi Mix is unlocked and you’ve perform complete backup.
Preparing Xiaomi Mi Mix to Root and install TWRP Recovery –
Download & setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
Make sure the bootloader of your Mi device is unlock. If not, you can follow our guide on how to unlock Xiaomi’s Bootloader.
It will erase all your device data and reset to fresh settings. So, it is advisable to perform backup before starting the installation procedure.
Ensure that the battery level on your device is more than 75%.
Install USB Drivers on your PC.
Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer options. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Disclaimer: Rooting Xiaomi phones and installing TWRP Recovery voids company warranty. It’s you responsible for your device if any mishaps occurs.
Guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix
1. Download TWRP Recovery 3.0.0 for Mi Mix from here and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
2. Download SuperSu .zip file and save it to device storage.
3. Now go to the ADB folder and launch command window. To do so, press Shift key and right click anywhere in the ADB folder and choose “Open command window here”.
4. Now you need to connect the Mi Mix with PC and boot into fastboot mode by entering the below command:
adb fastboot bootloader
Users can also press and hold Power + Volume Down button at the same time to boot into bootloader or fastboot mode.
5. Type the below command and hit enter to start flashing TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Mi Mix. Give the below command to boot into custom recovery mode –
fastboot boot recovery.img
7. With the above command your phone boot into the recovery mode. Choose your preferred language and set it to what you want.
8. Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).
9. From recovery main menu, tap on “Install” and choose the SuperSU .zip file from internal storage. Swipe to confirm the flash.
10. Reboot your device.
Note: Make sure that the first boot might take about 5-10 minutes. So, keep patience and wait.