Though OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 4.1.5 update a few days ago, it was paused quickly due to some technical issues. It seems that OnePlus fixed all issues now. It started rolling out the new OxygenOS 4.1.6 update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. If your device is running on Oxygen OS 4.1.3, 4.14 or 4.1.5, you will receive the new OxygenOS 4.1.6 OTA update shortly. Below is what is new in this update and how to download and install it right now.
Before starts downloading and installing the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update manually on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, check out the highlights of OxygenOS 4.1.6 update. The firmware is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and it includes various updates, bug fixes, optimizations and additions. In addition, the update includes latest Android security patches (May 1, 2017).
Highlights of OxygenOS 4.1.6 update:
– Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
– Updated network settings for select carriers
– Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8
– Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
– Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
– Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers
– Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
– Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
– Proximity sensor
– Camera low light focus
– Expanded screenshot
– Enhanced system stability
How to install OxygenOS OTA update and full ROM Manually
How to install OTA update manually
1. First, check your ROM version (4.1.3, 4.14 or 4.1.5) and then download appropriate OTA update for your device from here. For, example, if your OnePlus 3T is running on OxygenOS 4.1.5 download this file and update manually as given below.
2. Save the downloaded firmware file on OnePlus 3/3T internal memory.
3. Boot your phone into stock recovery (switch off the phone, press Power and Volume down buttons together)
4. In recovery, select Apply Update > Choose from Internal Storage > browse the OTA update zip file
5. It will start installing the update. Wait until the process complete and your phone will restart automatically.
How to install full firmware?
3. To install full firmware, follow this instruction.
Note: Before start installing the firmware, make sure that your device is fully charged (60-80% battery charge remaining). Also, back up important data before proceeding. (Source – techtrickz, OnePlus )