Teenage years are the best life phase as it is filled with many milestones, adventures, possibilities, and excitement. It’s an age of over emotions and freedom for everything. At the age of 16, your teenage child/ sibling get eligibility to drive, one of the riskiest things. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among U.S teens. Speed driving and the thrill of freedom can put them under dangerous and fatal effects of a motor crash if properly not taken care of. As a parent, it is your duty and responsibility to ensure that your teenager is safe behind the wheels.
A driver’s license is not a license to do anything. In 2013, teenagers aged 16-19 represented only 7% of the U.S population, but they accounted for the highest percentage (11%) of the total costs of motor vehicle injuries. When it comes to the risk factor, teenage drivers aged 16-19 are nearly three times more exposed to fatal crashes than drivers aged 20 and above. The main reason for fatal crashes and poor safety record is their lack of experience in handling a car and following the traffic rules.
Secondly, teens aren’t mentally prepared to drive a car at the age of 16. Driving is a skilled activity where there should be equal hand-eye-foot coordination with your mind fully present on the driving. Teens get easily deviated from focusing on driving. They tend to turn rebellious and overtake the other cars on the road to show off their heroism. Even when there are strict rules and proper training for qualifying to get a driver’s license, the survey shows the accidental death of male teens aged 16-19 was twice that of female teens. Moreover, the survey also found that the number of teen driving accidents was high when there were one or more teen passengers in the vehicle. And when looking at the stats of deaths of passengers of all ages, 12% constituted when a teenager was driving.
Factors that put teen drivers at risk
- Lack of experience in driving skills
- Over speed
- Texting while driving
- Alcohol consumption
- Not using a seatbelt
- Drowsy driving
How to reduce teenage driving risks?
The factors causing teenage driving crashes are many like the few mentioned above. Still, as responsible parents, there are preventive measures you can take to reduce the chances of your teen getting into an accident. You can practice safe driving rules and encourage them to be patient and calm while driving, as over-excitement can put them into trouble.
- Seat belt alarms – there are different seat belt alarms available in the market that would remind your teen driver to put on the seatbelt before driving. Wearing a seatbelt can reduce the chances of being seriously injured in a car accident by half.
- Monitor their behavior, not the trip – most of the parents set limits on car trips by asking where their teenagers are driving and at what time they will return home. But research suggests that it may be better for parents to impose strict regulations on on-road driving, even if it means going beyond what state law requires. Then only will the teenagers be less likely to become risky drivers. GPs trackers are a perfect solution to monitor your teen’s driving behavior.
- Educate teens about drunk driving – while no parents want to know that their teenager is drinking, the reality is that too many teens do have access to alcohol and use them even before the legal drinking age and without the knowledge of their parents.
- Attend the professional driver’s education classes – professionally well-trained teen drivers will have fewer chances of falling under motor crash risks.
Family1st Vehicle GPS Trackers – the best GPS trackers for tracking teenage driving
With a lightning-fast 4G speed network, Family1st offers portable vehicle GPS trackers to help parents track their teen kid’s driving behavior quickly. You can also use this GPS tracker to track your kids, spouses, pets, your senior parents/ persons, luggage, assets, and other valuables. It also comes with an optional magnetic case so that you can easily install or mount the device on your car or any metal surface, a belt of your pet, purse, handbag, or luggage.
Features of Family1st portable vehicle GPS tracking devices
- Compact and portable– the Family1st GPs trackers come in a sleek and compact design, making it easy to handle and fix on the car. You can easily place the tracker in a car, seat pocket, motorbike, stroller, purse, or luggage.
- Real-time GPS tracker– Family1st offers real-time updates on your teen’s driving behavior, his exact location, and whether the vehicle is at the prohibited area or not. This powerful real-time GPS tracker provides 5-second updates through the mobile, web app, or PC.
- Geo fencing with smart alerts– you can create custom geo-fencing zones to notify whether your teen enters or exits a restricted zone while driving. A message or email alerts will be instantly sent from the GPS tracker to your smartphone or PC when your Family1st GPS tracker records over speed, harsh braking, late-night driving, low battery, or enters/exits a prohibited area.
- Reasons to choose Family1st GPS Trackers.
The Family1st portable GPS trackers are available at affordable prices and offer exceptionally outstanding services. The family1st portable is rated as the best device for the senior market by Best Reviews Guide. Here’s why you need to have Family1st GPS tracking devices installed to save your teenage driving.
- Available at affordable price
What everyone looks for while buying a GPS tracker is its price. Many of the parents step back from purchasing the GPS trackers due to its high price and non-feasibility. At the same time, Family1st vehicle GPS trackers are the most cost-effective small GPS trackers available in the market, costing $13.95 only.
- Lowest Monthly Subscription
The features of real-time updating and reporting in GPS trackers are enabled through monthly subscriptions. The Family1st GPS trackers start at $19.95, where you don’t have to sign up for a year in advance to get that rate.
- No contracts and cancellation fees
Unlike other GPs tracking devices, there are no hidden contracts or cancellation fees. When you buy GPS trackers from Family1st, you get a 30-day no-hassle cancellation policy to cancel your subscription.
- Indoor Tracking Using WiFi
Not just tracking your teenage driving, you can also use Family1st portable trackers for monitoring your indoor assets or your valuables in your home using a WiFi connection. The indoor tracking using WiFi helps the customer in many ways by safeguarding your assets or recovering the misplaced portable device.
- 4G Cellular Technology
The Family1st tracking devices use 4G cellular technology with speed close to 10 times faster than 3G networks. So if you are looking to buy the fastest GPS tracker in the market, then Family1st portable GPS trackers are the best choice.
- Alexa integrated the GPS tracking system.
Being the only Alexa enabled GPS tracker in the market, you could allow Alexa voiceover integration to your Family1st GPS devices.
- Lifetime Warranty
Though many GPS tracking service providers offer a lifetime warranty, they do not refund back if you didn’t like the purchase. But with Family1st GPS trackers, you can rest assured that we replace, repair, and refund you for your purchase. That’s what sets DFamily1st the trusted brand for GPS tracking devices and services.
- Compatible on a mobile app, tablet, and PC
The Family1st unique tracking platform is compatible with all Android and IOD mobile phones. You can also track your teenage son’s/daughter’s driving on a PC or tablet.
- 24/7 dedicated Tech Support
Whether there is a technical issue on the tracking side or that you got stuck with tracking your teen’s driving behavior, Family1st offers a 24/7 dedicated tech support team to assist your issues via Email, call or chat. You can submit your request online, and the tech staff will get in touch with you in no time.
- Live Chat on Account
The live chat feature in Family1st mobile GPS trackers is another fastest and easy way to approach the tech support/ customer support for your query. Whether it’s from your mobile, PC, or tablet, you need to have an internet connection to proceed with live chat.
- 2 Weeks of active battery life with six months of sleep mode.
When it comes to GPS trackers, battery life matters, and thanks to the long lasting battery life of Family1st GPS trackers that these devices work for two weeks with continuous updates and real time tracking, and if kept in sleep mode, the battery would last a total of 6 months as well.
The final word:
Teens learn and imitate what their parents do and from their surroundings. Only when you set an example will they try to follow. When you wear a seatbelt before driving, they will tend to follow the same when they drive. Family 1st offers world-class real-time GPS trackers for cars that are compact and discreet. It provides real-time information so that parents can be updated about their teen driver’s driving behavior. You can access the location and time information. With the help of Family 1st GPS tracking devices for cars, you can pre-set specific driving rules and will be notified the moment your kid breaks the rules (speeding, hard braking, or going to restricted places like bars, liquor shops).