Whenever someone opens a business, these two key questions are what usually define the success of their business.
- Can you provide a product/service to the market at a price people want?
- Can you make sure that people know about your product/service?
Mostly, people who start their businesses are smart and have the first question cleared up. However, the second question is where a lot of people find problems. This is where the need to learn how to market your business arises.
Starting a business and staying in business are not easy; both require effort and commitment. When you are committed to your business, you will also invest justifiable time and money into marketing your product properly so that your business lasts for a long time.
While there are multiple ways that you can market a product, only one stands out. And that way is called an SMS marketing platform. But before we declare it the right way of marketing, we need to learn what exactly it is.
WHAT IS SMS MARKETING?
SMS(short messaging service) is a type of marketing platform that advertising companies use to text clients with promotions. So in the jist of it, SMS marketing and text message marketing are interchangeable terms. This is a quick way of reaching your clients with all the relevant information, and most clients also receive these messages.
HOW CAN YOU USE SMS MARKETING TO MARKET YOUR BUSINESS IN THE MOST PROPER WAY?
You can use very easy techniques to send the SMS to your client; it does not need to be a complicated process. Make sure to make your text simple and only send the relevant information.
Here are a few ways to further help you understand how to use SMS marketing effectively.
- Identify the customers who will receive these messages well by researching where you get their sign-ups. Not all customers receive these messages well, so send them only to those most comfortable with them.
- Use an online device to send these messages: Software is necessary to assist you in automating message delivery. It would track campaign statistics independently from all other marketing activities. Choosing a program that interacts with your point of sale or commerce system allows you to gather information, organise data, and send campaigns from the identical location where you accept payments.
- Design your message innovatively: Unlike an email newsletter, your messages don’t have to be as lengthy. In actuality, shorter is preferable. You should try to send messages that are only 300 characters long(which makes up to be around 2-5 sentences). Always have an obvious CTA(call to action) and provide a means for your clients to unsubscribe if they are not interested in getting messages from you anymore (opt-outs are necessarily to be provided according to the law).
- Use a tracker: Track the effectiveness of the message once you’ve sent it. Check the number of clicks on any links that you have included in the messages you sent. Check the number of people that utilised the unique discount code you created for your SMS marketing campaign to check how many sales it resulted in. Contrast these numbers with the amount of texts you sent.
WHAT CAN THE SMS MARKETING PLATFORM BE USED FOR?
- Short-term promotions for eCommerce and retail: Promos and coupons are a great method to attract more customers to your business or website. You certainly want as many people to know about a limited-time deal or campaign that you are running. SMS marketing campaigns are a fantastic way to let clients know about these deals, especially if you want to reach them while they are on the go. In this manner, you can be certain that they won’t lose out due to not receiving the message in time.
- Urgent updates about sales or orders: Numerous moving pieces are involved in organising and carrying out an event. It becomes harder to deliver the relevant information to everyone the more individuals there are at the event. Compared to email or other methods, SMS makes transmitting any changes, cancellations, general information, or updates simpler.
- Reminders: If your company relies on customers keeping their appointments, you understand how annoying it can be when they forget or arrive late. Even more annoying, clients completely fail to show up. This not only disrupts your routine but also wastes your time. It implies that you might have declined other appointments because the period for that appointment was already taken. Text message reminders are an excellent approach to ensure that individuals don’t forget their appointments. Configure an automated SMS to follow up on each appointment booking using marketing automation.
- Internal alerts: It can be challenging to inform everyone at once with essential communications (office closures, emergency updates, etc.) if you have a large workforce. You can contact them, but there’s a chance they won’t read it (I know I don’t frequently check my work email outside of work). Using SMS, you can be sure that everyone gets your message on time.
IS SMS MARKETING EFFECTIVE?
More than 85% of adults in the US possess cell phones, so SMS marketing is really effective as you can easily reach most people.
The numbers on SMS marketing are astounding and demonstrate the channel’s full potential for connecting with and interacting with customers. According to research that shows 98% of SMS messages are opened, SMS marketing is even more effective than email marketing. Since most people send and receive text messages frequently and have been doing so for a while, having them open and respond to your message should be second nature to the people you are communicating with. Since most people have their phones set to alert them when they receive a message, you may be optimistic about the speed at which your message will be opened and, ideally, clicked. The average click-through rate for SMS messaging is 19%.