E-cigarette is composed of atomizer, metal copper, chip control board, battery and so on. As long as one component is faulty or short-circuited, the e-cigarette will not work properly.
E-cigarette short circuit generally has the following reasons:
1. The nebulizer thread copper ring has iron filings in the production process, in which case the short circuit is called: discharge short circuit.
2. The threaded copper ring of the charger and the threaded copper ring of the e-cigarette are correctly connected, and there are iron filings between the two, and the charging short circuit will also occur.
3. The metal thread copper ring is very demanding in design, and the interference amount of internal and external threads is a high requirement, and the appropriate interference amount is the key to prevent short circuit of electronic cigarettes.
4. The production and assembly process or assembly process design is unreasonable, and the operator’s mistakes may cause short circuit.
The consequences of short circuit to electronic cigarettes!
1. electronic cigarettes are generally rechargeable batteries, the internal resistance of such batteries is quite small, accidentally short circuit the positive and negative terminals of the power supply, the current will immediately burn the power line to smoke, red. Within a few seconds, the glue around the wire (which has a certain resistance) will melt. In the case of the wire is not blown, the battery will be hot and hot.
2. when a short circuit occurs, the internal resistance of the battery will suddenly decrease, and the current flowing through the short circuit point may be dozens of times the normal operating current, so that the wire and MOS tube and other components are burned out. The fault components and some non-fault components produce thermal effect and electrical force due to the flow of a large short circuit current, so that the components are damaged and damaged, shorten the service life.
3. The popular EGO on the market is a battery with large power consumption. In the short circuit, relatively large energy is concentrated in a relatively small volume and is required to be released in a relatively short period of time, and explosion is their only way of expression.
How to avoid short circuit of mechanical electronic cigarette?
1. Check the resistance value and short circuit of the atomizer frequently. Unlike general finished electronic cigarettes, mechanical electronic cigarettes can still ignite even when the atomizer has a short circuit. Here the short circuit refers to the resistance of the resistance to zero or close to zero, but most finished e-cigarettes will not let the resistance value below 1.5 ohms (ohm), which ensures that the battery is not too stressed.
When using a new atomizer, be sure to check the resistance value of the atomizer first, confirm that there is no abnormality, and then screw it to the mechanical battery compartment.
If using an RBA-assembled rebuildable atomizer, do not let the resistance value be too low, because too low resistance value will put too much pressure on the battery. It is best to control the resistance value between the standard resistance value of 2.4-3.0 ohms at the beginning to ensure safety.
Although the atomizer is not so easy to short-circuit, it is best to test it with a multimeter (friends who use mechanical electronic cigarettes should prepare a multimeter). The specific test method is as follows: take out the battery, connect the battery compartment to the atomizer, put one probe of the multimeter on the positive terminal of the battery compartment, and the other probe touches the surface of the battery compartment (note that it is not the negative terminal of the battery compartment). If the multimeter shows a non-zero resistance value, it means that there is current passing through, then there must be a short circuit somewhere.
When testing resistance with a multimeter, be aware that the lead of the multimeter may also generate resistance. We have seen very cheap multimeters with lead resistance even higher than 0.6 ohms. The lead resistance can be shown by touching the two probes of the multimeter. When testing the atomizer, you need to subtract this value to the true resistance value. For example, if you measure the resistance of the atomizer to 2 ohms, if the lead resistance has 0.6 ohms, then the true resistance value is only 1.4 ohms.
2. Avoid running out of battery power. Another possible cause of battery damage or even fire is continuous discharge that exceeds the discharge threshold, meaning that the power is used too cleanly.
A lithium battery usually has 4.2v when it is 100% full, and the voltage decreases when the battery is in use. When the voltage is reduced to 3.6v or even 3.3v, you can usually still safely use the battery. However, a safe practice is that when the battery voltage reaches 3.6v, you’d better stop using the battery and charge it as soon as possible.
If you are not familiar with your battery, you should use a multimeter to measure the battery voltage frequently and see how many times the voltage will drop from 4.2v to 3.6v. This will help you estimate your battery level even when you don’t have a multimeter.
Running out of battery power will shorten the life of the battery.
3. Avoid using batteries superimposed (using multiple batteries). Don’t do this unless you really know it. Stacking cells means attaching one battery to the end of another, which can produce a higher voltage. But that puts more pressure on each battery.
Not all batteries are designed to be superimposed, and when the atomizer uses a setting suitable for one battery, superimposed batteries can overstress all batteries.
Another problem is overdischarge (too much light), such as a battery may be fully charged, another battery half, after a period of time, a battery will inevitably overdischarge, which will lead to some problems.
In another case, two new batteries, one of which ages faster than the other, are also prone to overdischarge.
If there is no choice, when the battery must be superimposed, the quality must be selected, and the battery itself is designed to be superimposed. Check the condition of the battery frequently
4. avoid accidentally touching the ignition switch. In addition to running out of power, another cause of overdischarge is often accidental touching of the ignition switch for a long time. The finished e-cigarette usually has a closing mechanism of 10-15 seconds, which means that it takes 10-15 seconds to completely shut down. For example, the eGo needs to press a button five times in a row to switch on and off.
Some mechanical battery compartments have the function of locking the ignition switch, but not all products have this function. If your mechanical battery compartment has this function, then you should lock the ignition switch when you put it in your bag or pocket. If your battery compartment does not have this function, then remove the atomizer, preferably put the battery compartment in a small cloth bag.
5. the use of safe quality batteries. There are many types of batteries on the market that can be used in mechanical e-cigarettes. The two most popular lithium batteries are ICR and IMR batteries, which can be used in all devices that require 3.7v power, including mechanical electronic cigarettes, but are not necessarily suitable.
In terms of safety, both batteries (ICR and IMR) are batteries of chemical structure, and the probability of ICR catching fire is higher than that of IMR, because ICR is more flammable, and ICR is more prone to pressure than IMR. IMRs batteries have a stable chemical structure, will not be as flammable and explosive as ICR batteries, it does not need protection, more suitable for mechanical electronic cigarette use.
You may ask, which is better, IMR batteries or ICR batteries with protective circuits? It can be said that IMR batteries are more suitable for mechanical electronic cigarettes. The reason is that although IMRs do not have a protected circuit, they are still safer than ICRs with a protected circuit. One of the risks of ICR batteries with protection circuits is that the protection system fails, especially if the batteries are very cheap. What we do know is that cheap, circuit-protected ICR batteries are much more flammable than IMRs batteries.
6. Do not invert the battery. The outer wall of the battery is always negative, so the wall of the mechanical rod (battery compartment) should also be negative. For most mechanical rods, the negative end of the battery is placed at the bottom of the cell, thus ensuring that the entire steel pipe is negative. The principle is that if the outer wall of the battery is damaged and it touches the steel pipe, the steel pipe will be negative no matter where the battery is, and there will be no short circuit. However, if the steel pipe is positive, when the outer wall of the battery is damaged, a short circuit will occur.
7. Do not overcharge the battery. Before the battery is fully charged and placed in the battery compartment (mechanical rod), it is necessary to measure the voltage with a multimeter. The voltage should not exceed 4.2v, if it does, consider replacing the battery and charger. Overcharged batteries can be very unstable. To extend battery life, charge it at 4.1v.
8. make sure that the mechanical battery warehouse has exhaust holes. When you can do all the things mentioned above, it’s great. But even the smartest people make mistakes, and even if we do all these things, it’s hard to avoid accidents. When an accident happens, it’s better to have a so-called safety mechanism to deal with it.
The battery dissipates heat during use, which causes the air rate in the battery compartment to expand. If the mechanical battery compartment is sealed without vents, it will lead to excessive pressure in the battery compartment and rupture. The pores of the mechanical battery compartment effectively prevent the rapid expansion of the gas, prevent the pressure in the battery compartment from being too large, and avoid danger.
You can think of the battery compartment without vents as a balloon, blowing too much air into it will explode. When a balloon has a hole in it, no matter how much air you blow, it won’t pop.
The above is the relevant information of electronic cigarette short circuit, I hope to help you.