Xiaomi has starting to roll out MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global stable build for Redmi 3S/Prime with lot of bug fixes, enhanced automated tasks, new system sounds and ringtones, and latest Android security patches (patch level March). Still based on the Android Marshmallow, MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global stable build offers better stability and battery life than the previous MIUI 126.96.36.199 update. The OTA update is rolling out in phases and all Redmi 3S/Prime will get the new update within a week or more.
Users who prefer manual installation or unable to install the OTA update for some reason, MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global stable build recovery image and fastboot image are now available for download officially. If you own a Redmi 3S/Prime, then check out the guide below to know how to update Redmi 3s/Prime to MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global stable build manually.
The safest method to update Redmi 3S/Prime to newest MIUI version is by OTA (Over-the-Air). If you have not received the OTA update notification yet, check it by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates.
Main highlights of MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global stable build for Redmi 3S/Prime:
– Enhanced automated tasks
– New system sounds and ringtones
– Enhanced layout for toggles in the notification shade
– Latest security patches (March)
– Various bug fixes and optimizations (see full changelog here)
MIUI 18.104.22.168 recovery image for Redmi 3S/Prime [HERE]
MIUI 22.214.171.124 full Fastboot image for Redmi 3S/Prime [HERE]
How to Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 Update on Redmi 3S/Prime
1. Installing MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery image is a simple process, but your device should be on stock MIUI ROM and stock recovery.
2. If you prefer recovery method, you may follow this guide to know how to install the update manually
1. This process will wipe your device, so back up important data before proceeding.