It continues to enrich the range of Smart Home devices of Xiaomi and this time has announced something terribly interesting for those who want to have additional technology at home! it’s known as the Xiaomi Youpin smart Lock and is practically a “smart” cylinder placed in place of the classic lock of our house with three built-in batteries, five encryption keys and of course the ability to connect with the application of Mi Home!
The Xiaomi lock fits into all kinds of doors (comes in several sizes), with a mechanical piece (classic lock) as well as electronic – thus you need to pass the two controls to open the lock. The encoding is based on Israeli technology with 128bit encryption (practically impossible to copy) and offers superior security than every current mechanical lock.
Key features of Xiaomi Youpin Smart Lock
- In the case of a non-approved key, the lock locks, send an audible signal and alerts directly to the owner’s mobile
- With a 128bit encoding algorithm, it’s virtually impossible for someone to copy her keys
- If a key is lost you can change the encoding and just get a new key – not a new lock
- If you leave the key on the lock for more than 30 seconds, it will inform you on the mobile phone for even greater security
- The Xiaomi Smart Lock consumes minimal energy and with 3 batteries it can operate safely for over 1 year
The Xiaomi Youpin smart lock comes with a decent price tag of 399 Yuan (~$60) and currently, it is available only in the Chinese market, but we will soon have an offer for you! Stay tuned here.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.