We have known Redmi 3s/Prime Lineage OS 14.1 ROM available now, but it is just a customize ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, right now Xiaomi has started to update their smartphones to Android 7.1.1 one by one, but you can enjoy custom ROM based on Android7.1.1 Nougat for Redmi 3s and Redmi 3s prime which is a rather stable ROM with all Nougat features.
Before we head to the installation process, let’s have a look at the below pre-requisites. Also Download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable update for Xiaomi phones.
Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked (Complete guide).
The update process works with both Redmi 3s and Redmi 3s Prime models. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi phone.
You should have pre-installed custom recovery like twrp recovery.
The battery level on your device should be maintained to 70% or above.
Backup all your important data using third-party backup application.
Enable USB Debugging on your Redmi 3s/ Prime.
Android 7.1.1 ROM
Disclaimer: Xiaomi Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device. Also flashing custom ROM’s voids company warranty completely. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S / Prime:
1. Download Nougat ROM and compatible GApps package from the above links to your phone internal storage.
2. Switch off your device & boot into TWRP Recovery. To do so, you need to boot your device by pressing and holding the Volume down + power button for few seconds.
3. Once you’re in the TWRP recovery mode, perform Nandroid backup will lets you to restore the current firmware if any mishap occurs.
4. Now you need to clear phone’s memory by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
5. Again head back to recovery main menu and tap ‘Install’. Here you need to choose the ROM file which you have placed to device storage.
6. Approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’.
7. Flashing process starts and it might take 5-10 minutes to finish. Once done, you’ll see a ‘successful’ message on your screen.
8. Similarly you need to install GApps package on your Redmi 3s/ Prime.
Note: If you face boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This will resolves all the issues you encounter after the installation process.
Now you have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 3s/ Prime. If you face any issues during or after the installation process, do let us know in the below comment section.