AFL format and rules
The main tournament in Australian football is the Australian Football League. Competitions have been held since the end of the 19th century, when the league was called Victorian, due to the presence in the league of most teams from the state of the same name. Thus, the 2020 season should be the 124th draw in the history of Australian football and the 31st under the auspices of the AFL.
The last 8 years in the AFL are 18 teams. Each team puts 18 players on the field, whose task is to get 6 or 1 points (the terms goal or behind are used, respectively) by delivering the ball to the goal. First, the regular season is played, and then the playoffs for the top eight teams begin. The game itself is very dynamic and spectacular, but the Europeans need time to get acquainted with all the tactical nuances and the specifics of the rules of the game.
The season began on March 19 as originally planned, but the imposition of restrictions and later quarantines on domestic travel resulted in the suspension of the season after the first round. No further league matches will be played until May 31st. For the first time in the history of the league, matches were played in empty stadiums, and Australian football has always boasted huge numbers of fans filling the stands. Also, the AFL has decided to play only 17 rounds this season.
Features of betting on the Australian Football League
- The specifics of the game is also reflected in the bets on Australian football.
If you are interested in betting on the Australian Football League, please pay attention to the following facts:
- Draws are an extremely rare outcome of matches. Therefore, when betting on the AFL, keep in mind the fact that in the 2017 season there were only three of them, and in the 2018 season there was even one!;
- Mostbet yukle accept bets on the Brownlow Medal, which is awarded to the fairest and best player in the AFL competition, and the Coleman Medal, which is awarded to the AFL player who scores the most regular season goals. The Australian press regularly voices various “plums” regarding medal winners, but it is not recommended to trust them;
- If you want to bet on the AFL with confidence, don’t overlook the difference between the sizes of fields used for matches. They differ in size to such an extent that some teams are specialists in small fields, while others are specialists in large fields. It’s like the difference between clay and grass tennis courts;
- The city of Perth is over 2,000 kilometers from the nearest city with an AFL club. Therefore, most teams look tired after returning from Perth.
Created with the support of the site mostbetclub.top