Good news, Lenovo ZUK Z1 right now can upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat (LineageOS 14.1) which can bring various new features to Zuk Z1. Users can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and more. However, note that the status of the ROM is nightly, so it might have many bugs that have not been fixed yet. So do not install on a regularly using device.
Important: Before proceeding with below steps, back up all data you have on the phone to a safe location. Also, ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
How to install LineageOS 14.1 (ham) on Lenovo ZUK Z1
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Transfer both zip files to your phone’s SD card.
3. Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone, press and hold the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons few seconds.
4. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ > Advanced > and clear cache, data and factory reset.
5. Then, select ‘Install’ and navigate to LineageOS ROM zip file and swipe right to flash. Repeat the same for flashing Gapps zip file.
6. Return to main recovery menu, select ‘Wipe’ and clear cache and data.
7. Finally, reboot your ZUK Z1. It will take 10 – 30 seconds for the first boot.
Once booted up, set up and Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Leave your views in the comment section below .