The MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM is arriving this Friday! The very first batch of supported devices for MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM will be Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / Redmi Note 4X and Mi 6. Existing Beta ROM users with the latest MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM can get the update through OTA. For Stable ROM users, please unlock Bootloader and perform a full wipe before Fastboot. Flashing may harm your device, please back-up your data before flashing. Click here to check flashing tutorials.
The second batch of supported devices for MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM will be including Mi Note 2 / Mi 5 / Mi 5s / Mi 5s Plus / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max / Redmi 4/4X. Please stay tuned for further notice of the release date.
The third batch of supported devices for MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM will be including Redmi 2 / Redmi 2 Prime / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm / Redmi Note 3 Special Edition / Redmi Note 4 MTK / Mi 4i / Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note Prime / Mi 2/2S / Mi Note / Redmi 3/Prime / Redmi 3S/Prime / Redmi 4A. Please stay tuned for further notice of the release date.
MIUI 9, a lightening fast system
– With multiple deep-level optimizations, MIUI never looked smoother.
– Fresh dynamic icons will always catch your eye.
– Faster and sleeker launch and exit processes for apps.
– Improved intuitive Home screen editing.
– Introducing Split screen – the best way to double your productivity.
– A more refined Silent mode triggered simply by touching the volume button.
– Redesigned Messaging app with everything you need right on the start page.
Source: MIUI Forum