OnePlus released OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 3T with new features, refreshed UI, various optimizations and improvements. If you are running the previous Open Beta, you will receive the OTA update notification soon on your device. Alternatively, users can download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 15 and Open Beta 6 manually on OnePlus 3 and OnPlus 3T.
Still based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat and security patch level March, the OxygenOS Open Beta 15 and Open Beta 6 brings new dialer, new incoming call interface, and new action bar for Messages and Settings, various UI changes and general bug fixes. The OTA update, which weighs around 77MB, is starting to roll out in various regions. The incremental update will take few days to get on all devices.
Main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 15 and Open Beta 6:
– New dialer and incoming call interface
– Swipe down to answer and swipe up to reject an incoming call
– Refreshed UI
– UI optimizations for Messages, Settings and Contacts
– New action bar for Messages and Settings
– Collapsible and expandable action bar (more to come in the future)
– Optimized high power usage notifications
– Optimized the system, which notifies you when apps are using a lot of battery
– Bluetooth optimizations
– Night mode optimizations
– Bug fixes
Note: If you are already participating in the OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will receive the new update over the air (OTA) automatically. If you are not participating, you can download the full ROM and install manually via ADB sideload.
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 15/6 on OnePlus 3/3T
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both device requires unlocked bootloader. Backup data before proceeding.
2. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
For Windows: adb sideload File Name.zip
For Mac/Linux: ./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]