Do you heard Nextbit Robin? Right now it has been received official Android7.0 Nougat update, the OTA update has rolled out, if you have issue in OTA update, you can install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update manually on Nextbit Robin via your PC. We will introduce how to install Official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA Update Manually on Nextbit Robin.
If you have not received the Android 7.0 Nougat update OTA update notification on your Nextbit Robin, then check it manually by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update. If update found, download and let it install.
If you have not found the update, you can install the update manually, but it is risky and requires technical knowledge on ADB commands and Android firmware flashing.
The below guide requires ADB and fastboot driver installed on your PC ( check it here 1, 2). Also, backup every data you have on the phone. Ensure 60 – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
How to Install Android Nougat OTA update on Nextbit Robin Manually
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. The given method is highly risky. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. On your phone, go to ‘Developer Options’ and enable ‘USB debugging’.
3. Turn off your phone, and then press Power + Volume Down to boot into fastboot mode.
4. Connect your phone to your PC and then go to ADB folder (where you have saved the firmware), press Shift key, right click and select open command here.
5. Type the below command to check your device is properly connected to your PC.
6. If your device is listed in the command prompt, then proceed with below steps. If not listed, install proper fastboot driver for your device and repeat the steps.
7. Issue the below commands to install OTA update on Robin.
adb sideload update.zip
8. It will take several minutes to complete the installation process. Once completed, reboot your phone and enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to Install full factory image manually
Note: This method requires unlocked bootloader. First, unlock bootloader of your Robin and proceed with below steps.
1. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ in Developer Options.
2. Download Factory image for Nextbit Robin from here and unzip it (Nougat factory image not yet live). Save all the unzipped files inside the ADB folder.
3. Boot your phone into Fastboot mode (Use Power + Volume down after switching off the phone).
4. Now, connect your Robin to your PC and open a command window in the directory containing the unzipped image files (press Shift + Right click and select open command window here)
5. Type flash-all.bat and press Enter. Your phone will flash all the necessary files and reboot.