UMIDIGI has released a series of new phone such as UMIDIGI S2, S2 Pro and S2 lite, we have introduced UMIDIGI S2 Pro ROM for you, today we will introduce UMIDIGI S2, a competitive Octa core 4GB smartphone with 6 inch 720 x 1440 pixels screen, meanwhile, it has 5MP front camera and dual rear camera, 13MP+5MP, built in 5,100mAh battery. Most importantly, it has price advantage, because it is in flash sale at only $179.99 for black and Red color. Whether you have got it or not, you can collect the ROM first for you.
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the V1.0_20171221 (Android 6.0.1) system software for UMIDIGI S2
Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMIDIGI S2 receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you’ve bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again.
- Optimized camera performance
- WiFi stability issues fixed
- Minor bug fixes
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
- Go to Settings –> About phone –> Wireless update
- Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
- Brows for the …update.zip file and select it
- Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished
- Copy the …update.zip file to your SD card
- Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts in recovery mode. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
- Here you can see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and ”No command”.
- Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
- Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
- On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
- After a succcessful installation you can read the ”Install from sdcard complete” message and the receovery menu is available again.
- Select ‘Reboot system now’. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing ‘Wipe data/factory reset’