There are many forms of digital marketing that are available, yet social media marketing is the most popular, although it can be rather time consuming but once you’ve mastered the art of social media marketing it’s a fantastic way to advertise or just grow your brand awareness.
With the constant evolving of social media marketing it is vital that you are up to date with all the trends and can get the most from your social media marketing budget and time. To boost your twitter followers fast, you can take the Twitter automation service from a recognized company.
If done right, social media advertising is the fastest most cost effective way of connecting with your audience and of course, your customers.
Social media advertising options
Today’s marketer knows that just paying for advertising on social media will yield some results, however the point of advertising on social media is to have a real impact. Understanding how to achieve this is key to a successful social media marketing campaign.
It’s advisable to do research on each of the six main social media platforms and decide which network best suits your advertising goals.
- Facebook– One of the most popular social media networks by far, Facebook is a great platform to drive traffic to your landing page. Convert your Facebook page visitors into customers with special offers. Facebook also offers really powerful targeting features which improves return on investment for your paid advertising campaigns.
- Instagram– This is one of the fastest growing social media platforms and continues to grow without any signs of slowing down. Instagram has already achieved an impressive one billion monthly users.This platform is perfect for advertising when your message has a strong call to action, and you have a well-known brand. Being an image based platform, ensure that your Instagram advertising has eye-catching images.
- Twitter–Considering that Twitter is a bit smaller than Instagram and Facebook this social media platform is still an important contender when it comes to social media marketing.
- LinkedIn– With a whopping 250 million users, LinkedIn is a brilliant business and professional based social media platform, which is solely based on career advancement and networking.
- Pinterest– If your brand is a little bit more niche, then Pinterest is great to include as part of your social media marketing strategy. A very important note to keep in mind with Pinterest is that its user base is just over 80% female.
- Snapchat– This is the smallest of all the social media platforms and which key users are mainly young people. This is good news, especially if this is your target audience.
Choosing the right social media platform
Which social media network will suit your brand the most when it comes to your social media marketing advertising?
This is a tricky question; however, the following three important points should be kept in mind when making this decision.
- Decide on where your target audience is most concentrated;
- What preferred media does your target audience prefer;
- Where your target audience is most likely to engage with your social media advertising.
Where to from here for social media advertising?
There’s no doubt that paid advertising still has a place in marketing however social media advertising has become a powerful player in online advertising. The fact that social media networks gather an immense amount of user information, their advertising pull is strong as it enables you to target your audience more accurately.
Not only are the social media audiences constantly increasing, the number of tracking options is improving as well. As with every marketing strategy, it’s important to track the performance of your social media advertising to justify spend.
With the ever increasing number of people using smartphones, reaching your target audience while users are on mobile devices is the next big social media advertising trend.
Social media advertising advantages
- Cost effective– There isn’t a more affordable way of advertising online. Social media advertising allows you to create a profile and get on their network for free.
- Improve brand awareness– With almost everyone being online now advertising on social media is a great way to increase your brand awareness as you are able to engage with a large audience.
- Increased customer engagement– Every customer wants to be heard. Advertising on social media increases customer engagement, which in turn leads to increased customer satisfaction.