Xiaomi smartphones have always been highly appreciated by Android ROM compilers but the two main steps to start any smartphone to modding do not depend on them: the first is the release of the kernel sources directly from the manufacturer and the second is the release of a custom recovery. For Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro the air of modding is only coming now.
As for the kernel source codes, Xiaomi has already proceeded to release them while on the custom recovery front, an independent developer has exploited the work behind the TWRP (open source project) to create an Unofficial version for Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro.
TWRP installation guide on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
Being an Unofficial version of the TWRP, the official application available on the Google Play Store does not help us with the download and installation.
If you do not have access to the root of the smartphone or it is not an official version (as in this case), below we offer an installation guide that only requires a Windows PC and an internet connection:
- Download the recovery ( Mi 10 | Mi 10 Pro )
- Download and install the adb / fastboot drivers for the Windows PC HERE
- Download and install the drivers for your smartphone
- Download the recovery for your smartphone, rename it twrp.img and copy it to the ADB folder
- Enable the developer options on your smartphone (7 tap on the build number)
- From the developer options, enable USB Debugging
- From the Windows computer, enter the ADB folder and open the CMD
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the USB cable
- Type correctly the following text strings on the command prompt or CMD (for each dash click on Enter):
- adb devices – adb reboot bootloader – fastboot devices
- At this point, type the following string to flash the TWRP: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.