Right now there is good news that Xiaomi Redmi 3S can be upgraded to Android7.0 Nougat with Lineage OS. It can let you enjoy all features about Android N. Of course, you can customize and optimize your OS after upgrading it. You will enjoy optimization in battery life after flashing this ROM.
In order to make the device most of it, follow the below instructions carefully to install Android Nougat based Lineage OS ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime.
The update process is compatible only with Redmi 3S Prime. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi smartphone.
The battery level on your mobile should be 75% or more.
Enable USB Debugging on your mobile.
Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Backup all your important data.
Redmi 3S Prime should be rooted and TWRP recovery installed. (Complete guide)
Disclaimer: Installation of third-party custom ROMs voids company warranty. It may also brick your device if doesn’t follow the steps accordingly. We should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your mobile during or after the flashing process. Continue at your own risk.
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime to Android 7.0 Nougat with Lineage OS
1. Firstly, you need to download Lineage OS ROM and compatible GApps package from the following links to your computer.
2. Now you need to copy the above files to your device storage using a USB cable.
3. Disconnect the device once the files are successfully transferred.
4. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery.
5. Wipe your device data by choosing “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
6. Once done with the reset process, you can proceed further to flash Lineage OS ROM. From the recovery main menu, choose “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
7. Select the Android Nougat based Lineage OS ROM and confirm the flash.
8. Similarly install GApps package on your device.
9. Reboot your device.
Congrats! You have just upgraded your Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime smartphone to Android Nougat firmware. Do share your experience with the Lineage OS ROM in the below comment section. (Source: Xiaomiadvices)