Selling on Amazon Marketplace is one of the most significant opportunities out there for both individual sellers and Amazon itself. When you sell your products on Amazon, you’ll get access to millions of buyers who will likely purchase and review your product, increasing your chances of a sale and dramatically increasing your visibility. Although it is a fantastic opportunity for people to start their own eCommerce business, it isn’t as straightforward as many “gurus” make out. Luckily, a couple of tools can make your life easier and enable you to beat out your competition. This post will discuss two popular products: Jungle Scout and Helium 10.
Both of these tools provide the user to enhance their ability to sell online. This comes in various forms, from finding low-hanging keywords to target to getting estimated sales to decide if a product is worth selling. Additionally, they both offer the following:
- Find winning products: The ability to find a winning item will make or break your Amazon selling experience. You can spend all of your time doing manual research never to find a product that sells well. If you discover a product that has caught the Zeitgeist, you can attempt to capitalize on it and make some serious money.
- Estimate sales: Once you have found a product that is in demand, you might be tempted to plow headfirst into its promotion. However, this is a mistake because you must first check to see how well it is selling. This will allow you to calculate a return on any investment you use to promote it.
- Research keywords: Once you are sure your product is a winner, these tools can also provide you with relevant keywords that people are using to search for said product. This can enable you to craft a product page that is more likely to get eyeballs on it.
- Spy on the competition: See how your competitors are selling the product. You can then use this information to beat them on price or product page design and everything in between.
What Is Jungle Scout?
Jungle Scout is a tool used online via the web browser that enables you to “spy” on your competitors. It is an indispensable resource for anyone wishing to sell their product to the millions of daily users of the Amazon platform. Although it can be slightly pricey for new sellers, there is often a coupon available if you look around. Nevertheless, this tool will bring your business to new heights via its easy-to-understand interface. The benefit of Jungle Scout over the other choices is that it includes a range of valuable tools such as:
- Chrome extension
- Product tracker
- Opportunity finder
- Product database
- Rank tracker (handy)
- Keyword finder
- Sales analytics
- Inventory manager
- Listing builder
- Easy-to-use interface.
- An in-depth analysis of products.
- Efficient research.
- Accurate projections.
- A high level of customer service.
- It includes a beginner’s guide.
- The Lite Extension has limited capabilities.
- The basic plan is pricey but limited.
- No free trial.
What Is Helium 10?
Helium 10 features many of the features that Jungle Scout provides, but with some unique extras. For example, it is marketed as an all-in-one Amazon seller solution. What this means is that it claims to provide everything you might need in one package. This is beneficial as the cost of multiple tools can add up quickly. One important feature that it has over Jungle Scout is its ability to audit your Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising campaigns. Amazon allows sellers to utilize paid ads to boost their products to the top of listings. It can be incredibly profitable when done correctly. On the other hand, if done poorly, you stand to lose a lot of money. The audit function allows you to analyze your campaign and see the weak points that need rectifying.
- One platform for all your needs.
- The beginner plan is free.
- Toolkits that are unique to Helium 10.
- A simple product page builder.
- PPC audit.
- Fantastic support.
- Tools for SEO and online marketing are built-in.
- Full access to all the tools can get expensive quickly.
- Less intuitive than Jungle Scout.
Tips For Succeeding As An Amazon Seller
Now that you have learned about each product and are suitably encouraged to begin your selling adventure, there are a few tips that you should keep in mind.
Sell A Great Product
It might sound obvious, but your first responsibility is to sell a great product at an affordable price. If you fail in this step, no matter how well you utilize keywords or analyze other sellers, you will get poor reviews. Get enough poor feedback, and your status as a seller can even become compromised.
Take Amazing Product Photos
The images of your product will be the first thing potential customers see, so you should ensure they are very high-quality. While many sellers use the photos provided by their suppliers, you can go the extra mile by making your own. If you show the product being used in a real-world situation, you will already be one step ahead of your competitors. All you need to do is:
- Invest in a lightbox.
- Invest in a good camera (phone cameras lack the depth of field required to provide professional-looking photos).
- Use lots of lighting.
- Take pictures of friends or family using the product as it is meant to be used.
It isn’t rocket science, and it can make an enormous difference to your sales.
Use Keywords Intelligently
If you end up using either Jungle Scout or Helium 10, you should properly use the keywords they provide to maximize results. If you check your competitions, you might find excessive keyword stuffing, and while this can help boost rankings within Amazon’s product search engine, It doesn’t look great. If you use your keywords intelligently, you should find your listing page near the top and far more appealing to customers.
Jungle Scout and Helium 10 are both fantastic tools to gain a competitive advantage over other Amazon sellers. Both offer similar features, with Jungle Scout being easier to use, but Helium 10 offering a free beginner option. If you use them to their full potential, there should be no limits to how far you can go.