Have you seen the gaming set-up on Instagrams and always go wow with vertical monitors? If you’re trying to get serious with gaming and is wondering if a vertical monitor can perform beyond its awesome appearance, here are several reasons why I think vertical monitors are a must-buy for a different gaming experience:
- Extra Monitor is Always Appreciated. Any monitor you add to your setup is always a good thing because it gives you more real estate to work on. Even if you’re gaming and NOT going to use the vertical monitor for actual gaming, you can use it to display anything from game instructions to work-related tasks. You can check here, https://utansvensklicens.casino/en/ .
- Arcade Games Look Good on Vertical Monitors. Pinball, Crimzon Clover, Ikaruga, Downwell, Tetris, and Zero Ranger (among others) are games that look good on vertical monitors. Once you start playing with these games on a vertical display, you’ll never go back to traditional monitors anymore. In fact, there is an ongoing list of games that work seamlessly well on vertical monitors.
- Coordinate with Teammates while you play. If you run multiplayer games on your computer and talk with teammates (or opponents) over Discord or other similar apps, you can use the vertical monitor for this purpose and the horizontal display for game-playing. Communicating with teams will never be challenging anymore if you’re like me whose focus completely goes to the game and totally abandons the chat box below.
- Gamer-streamers play and do stuff simultaneously. Do you stream your games on Twitch, Facebook Watch, UStream, Steam, or YouTube Gaming? Using a single vertical monitor allows you to use either the upper or lower part of the screen for stream-related tasks like talking to fans/supporters, then the other part of the screen for the actual gaming. You do need a bigger screen size to make gaming comfortable enough to play in just one part of your display.
- Game developers, coders, and writers by profession. If you work in the game development industry and deal with lines and lines of code on a daily basis, you’ll find a vertical monitor pretty useful for your work. You can use another horizontal display to test or run the game, while continuously re-writing the code on the vertical display. This works the same for game writers, editors, and testers, who would benefit from two-display setups for their work.
- Participate in Play-to-Earn Games with NFTs or Cryptocurrency. Have you discovered the amusing world of NFT and have had success playing to earn cryptocurrency in games like Axie Infinity, League of Kingdoms, F1 Delta Time, Gamee, Lost Relics, Town Star, and many more? If so, the addition of a vertical monitor is crucial if you want to monitor data on one display, and play the game on another display. It just makes sense to have a multi-monitor setup when you play-to-earn.
- Play App games on a bigger scale. You might be obsessed with playing a phone app game right now. But you know what would make your experience 10x better? Casting it into a vertical monitor and playing on a larger scale. Imagine Candy Crush showcased on a 24-inch display. And since these phone apps were designed specifically to work on a phone (or portrait display), they would work effectively on a vertical monitor.
- Racing games give you an extra view. Portrait gaming is perfect for any racing-based game. By editing the settings of your display and game, you’ll be able to “see a LOT further ahead”, giving you a field of view that wouldn’t be possible if you stuck to a traditional landscape monitor.
- Explore game features without scrolling. If you hate scrolling for more information just to edit the settings of a particular game or read a long narration or script, a vertical monitor offers more freedom for you to do so. According to game developers, exploration rates increase up to 10% when gamers use a vertical display for playing.
- Read a TON of text while playing. For newbies starting out a new game, you may need to read instructions, tips, tricks, and techniques to beat the level boss, complete a specific part of the game, buy an item, add characters, change powers, and other access features of the game. Using a second monitor removes the need to minimize or exit your game to do research. Using a vertical monitor as your second monitor ensures even long text can fit on the display.
Of course, vertical monitors are not for everybody. For example, if your work involves any kind of photo or video editing, you’ll just be frustrated with the light and reflection a vertical monitor tends to show. Some games may not even look good in vertical displays.
However, if you’re going to use a vertical monitor on top of a traditional one, the potential for multi-tasking while gaming is endless.