If you want to control your Android smartphone from a computer, we explain in this article how you can do it easily and quickly with AirDroid wirelessly. But you can also share files, access your camera remotely, see notifications on your smartphone on your PC, etc. In this case, we will be using the free version of AirDroid Personal. In addition, it is a veteran application since it has more than 10 years behind it, or rather in its code. Let’s go there!
What is AirDroid Personal?
AirDroid Personal allows you to access and manage your phone from any computer, wherever you are. You will be able to send SMS, see the notifications you receive, transfer files between different devices and fully control your smartphone from your computer.
If you want to access two different networks through Internet access, you should know that there is a fee of 200 MB per month. If you want a larger transfer, you will have to pay a monthly fee of $3.99. Don’t worry, it is not necessary if you are going to work from the same network.
Download and install AirDroid on your Android smartphone
As usual, the first thing is to install the mobile client. You can do it on Android smartphones, there are applications for android operating systems. All you have to do is access the respective app stores, Google Play Store. You can download them below:
Now it’s time to do the application setup. Don’t worry, it will only take a couple of seconds since you have to grant various permissions. Follow these steps:
- Open the AirDroid app on your smartphone, either Android
- Click on Register up if you don’t have an account yet. Otherwise, sign in
- Now, you need to give access to the app. Later, decide if you want it to remain active in the background or not. If it stays active, you can use it at any time but battery usage will increase
- AirDroid will ask you to configure the different features available to it, so you will have to choose which ones you want to activate
Here are the features you can enable:
- File – Allows you to manage files between devices remotely
- Camera: allows you to access the smartphone camera at any time remotely
- Screen mirroring: you can view the smartphone screen remotely
- Remote control: Allows you to control your smartphone remotely (when enabled, it will ask to download AirDroid Control Add-on)
- Desktop notifications – Synchronize phone notifications with your computer
- Messaging – Send and receive SMS messages remotely
- Contacts: manage your contact list remotely
- Find phone: as the name suggests, it allows you to locate the device
And that’s it, once you select the services you want to enable you can start using the application.
Download and install AirDroid on Your Computer
The process on the smartphone has been simple, right? The configuration on the computer is even more so. It installs like any other program on Windows, macOS, or Linux. You can download it from here.
- Once installed on the computer, you must open the program
- If you have previously registered, log in to the same account as on the smartphone
- Now, the main interface of the program will be displayed to be able to connect to your phone
It only remains to establish the connection with your smartphone so that you can make use of all the functions that AirDroid has. It’s that simple and straightforward, it will only take a couple of minutes to configure everything. And the next time you log in, all linked data will automatically appear.
Useful AirDroid Tools
We have already mentioned how you can download and install AirDroid on your smartphone, and how to access it from your Windows or macOS computer or through its web interface. But we need to see something else, which is the important thing.
We’ve mentioned all the features you can enable in the initial setup, but now we want to go one step further. We explain the functions or tools that you may use the most.
Transfer files between your smartphone and computer, or between smartphones
AirDroid supports the transfer of all types of files on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices, on the same network and even remotely. It is compatible with all current operating systems that predominate in the market.
If you want to send files remotely, the free account has a maximum of 200 MB available. This fee is renewed monthly. However, if you are on the same network, the transfer is unlimited.
This can be a good alternative if you want to transfer your photos, videos, GIFs, links, etc. between the different devices you own.
You should know that you can not only transfer files from your smartphone to your PC or vice versa, but you can also do it from Android to iOS and vice versa.
Control your smartphone from your PC, simply and quickly from anywhere
With the passage of different versions of Android, the ability to control the smartphone remotely has been limited. But it is still possible.
With AirDroid it is possible to share the screen of your device on a larger screen and even allows you to take direct control of these mobile devices on a computer.
It is a perfect tool for both individual and business users who want to improve productivity during remote meetings, broadcasts, and more.
If your phone has root access, there will be no problem. In our experience, we can connect any smartphone without root wirelessly. But some may not be fully compatible.
You should know that it also works on some phones without root, but with some conditions: the mobile must be connected via a USB cable and the USB Debugging option must be activated.
View notifications from your smartphone
One of AirDroid’s most popular features is sending notifications directly to your computer, so you’re always connected but don’t need to look at your phone every few minutes.
This, without a doubt, can be very useful to avoid distractions from sounds or vibrations. At a glance, you can see everything that is happening on your mobile.
Now you know everything that AirDroid can do for you, so you can better manage your smartphone and computer. You can easily control your mobile device with your PC, receive notifications, send SMS, access the camera, etc. Have you already tried this app?