No doubt, Paramount Plus is one of the best streaming platforms available in the US and UK. It provides access to the vast content library, including the most recent popular films, TV shows and the most enduring works of art. However, If you are a Uk resident and want to explore the US content library, you may need a VPN to stream Paramount Plus in UK. That’s how you can enjoy it.
On the other hand, you may face Paramount Plus App crashing issues reported by many users. If the Paramount Plus app on your iPhone is crashing or not functioning correctly. There could be several different potential issues that you can identify and then fix. But you don’t have to worry.
This guide targets them all and provides solutions to all of them. We recommend you complete all the solutions mentioned below for effective and smooth troubleshooting.
Connect to a different VPN server.
Try out the following steps to connect to a VPN server to resolve the issue.
- Subscribe to a paid VPN service
- Download and install the VPN app on your iPhone device.
- Connect to a US server, preferably a New York server from the list.
- Now open the Paramount Plus App and sign in to your account.
- Enjoy streaming Paramount Plus shows and movies.
Force stop the Paramount App
Another solution you can try is to force close the app from all the apps running in the background and restart the Paramount app to refresh and restart it.
This removes Paramount from the temporal memory of your phone. Once you tap on the app to restart it again, it starts from scratch and enables it to refresh and start again.
How to force stop the Paramount app on your iPhone?
- Ensure that the Paramount App is open on your screen.
- Swipe your iPhone’s home button upwards or press it twice (this action differs between iPhone X and models released after that)
- All the apps that are currently running in the background on your iPhonewill pop up on your screen.
- Scroll left/right until you see the Paramount App.
- Swipe up to stop it from running in the background and remove it from the temporal memory of your device.
- Go to your homepage and tap on the Paramount App again for it to restart and test again.
Pro-Tip: Remove ALL apps running in the background to optimize the performance of your device.
Update your Paramount App to the latest version.
If your Paramount App is outdated, it will likely glitch and not work correctly. In some cases, if your app is outdated, it will not run and launch until you update it.
Here’s how you can update the Paramount app through your App Store:
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone and tap on the App Store to launch it.
- In the search bar, type ‘Paramount.’
- Tap on the app icon that is already installed on your phone.
- On the right of the App thumbnail, click on ‘Update.’
- In case of a password or face recognition requirement, complete the need for the update process to start.
- Wait for the update to complete, and then launch the app to test it again.
Restart your iPhone
As much as we love Apple devices, they are known to have bugs that are incomprehensible and pop up out of nowhere. Apple, being the premium company that they are, also provides instant solutions to it. One way to address and potentially resolve the issue is to restart your device.
Reinstall the Paramount app
Sometimes, the best of us need a fresh start. Among all the solutions that were provided above, if none of them work, then try this out. Reinstall the App and relaunch it.
Here is how you can reinstall the app:
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ app on your phone and scroll all the way down to the applications section.
- Among the apps, search for the Paramount App option and tap on it.
- On the ‘info’ page, tap on the blue ‘Uninstall’ icon.
- Once you uninstall the app, you’ll need to install it again through the Apple App Store.
- Write ‘Paramount’ in the search bar and click on it to install it again.
- Tap on install and wait for the app to install again.
- Check if the app is functional.
- Once it is done, you will have to log into your account again to access your account.
How to restart your iPhone?
- Press the lock button for 3 seconds for the restart button to appear on your screen.
In the case that your lock button is not working, you can also restart your phone by going to Settings > General > Restart.
This will instantly restart your phone.
Here’s all you need to know to fix the glitches you may face with your Paramount Plus app. I hope this guide assists you in the process. Good luck, and happy streaming!