Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based eUI 5.8.019s update enabled VoLTE (voice over LTE) on LeEco Le 2, but it did not on Le Max 2, it supports LTE though. However, there is a patch to enable VoLTE on Le Max 2, which enables users to use VoLTE service offered by carriers like Reliance Jio, T-Mobile, Orange, etc. VoLTE or voice over LTE is a new communication protocol that enables the handset to make calls using the mobile data.
In this tutorial, we let you know how to enable VoLTE on LeEco Le Max 2 runs on custom ROM, so that you can use VoLTE service offered by Reliance Jio, T-Mobile, Orange, etc. VoLTE calling has some advantages over the GSM calling, like lower call latency, less battery consumption, etc. The LeEco Le Max 2 supports LTE, but the company not yet enabled the service on it.
How to check for VoLTE support
Now, you may want to know how to check your device for VoLTE support. It is quite simple. All you need to just go through the below steps to get to know VoLTE support on your Android phone.
1. Dial *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer app.
2. Tap on ‘Phone information’
3. Scroll down and check for ‘VoLTE provisioned’ or ‘Turn on VoLTE Provision flag’.
If such option is there, it means your device support VoLTE. Now, read on to know how to enable VoLTE on LeEco Le Max 2.
Thanks to XDA contributor shivatejapeddi, the VoLTE patch for Le Max 2 enables VoLTE on the handset. However, note that the patch is tested on AKOP custom ROM, but users can test it on other custom ROMs like LineageOS.
How to Enable VoLTE on LeEco Le Max 2
Disclaimer: Follow below instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download the VoLTE patch zip file from here (source) to your Le Max 2.
2. Power off the device and turn it on into TWRP recovery by holding the Volume Up and Power key together.
3. In TWRP, tap on ‘Backup’ and create a ‘nandroid’ backup (recomented)
4. Return to main TWRP menu, tap on ‘Install’, browse and select the Volte patch.zip file and swipe to flash it.
5. Once done, tap on Reboot system.
You have now enabled VoLTE on Le Max 2. You can use VoLTE services offered by Reliance JIO (India), T-Mobile (USA), Orange (Romania), etc. If you have any question, leave it in the comment section below or directly discuss it on the original XDA thread. (Source –techtrickz and shivatejapeddi)