Xiaomi not only sales Smartphones in China, but also sell them in the international market. In fact, the Chinese version of MIUI in the international market, such as the Indian region, will appear to be unacceptable, so Xiaomi specifically launched the MIUI Global Version for overseas markets, both the Chinese and the Global version can be ROM.
This mutual Flash situation was officially “finished” on September 12. At the same time, the MIUI Forum administrator posted a notice prompt, cross-regional flash is no longer feasible.
According to the actual verification of XDA, this is indeed the case. The Xiaomi phones of the Chinese version will be reported when the Global ROM is flashed, and it will be stuck in the Recovery interface, prompting “this MIUI version can’t be installed on this device” (this MIUI version cannot be installed on this device)”.
According to the research by XiaoMiTool developer franztesca, the reason for the error is that Xiaomi has added code to prevent the installation of MIUI outside the region.
This is the official limit for users to perform ROM mutual flash. Individuals want to flash each other, the premise is to first unlock the bootloader, then use TWRP, fastboot or MiFlash to flash, when using MiFlash, check “Clean All”, do not select “clean all and lock”.
The following 21 Xiaomi devices cannot be scanned in ROM. We listed the marketing name for each device as well as their code-names.
- Xiaomi Mi 6X (“wayne”)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 (“dipper”)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 EE (“ursa”)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (“sirius”)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (“platina”)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro (“equuleus”)
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (“nitrogen”)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (“polaris”)
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4/Mi Pad 4 Plus (“clover”)
- Xiaomi Poco F1/Pocophone F1 (“beryllium”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A (“ugg”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite (“ugglite”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Y2/Redmi S2 (“ysl”)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 (“rosy”)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A (“riva”)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 (“cereus”)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A (“cactus”)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (“sakura” and “sakura_india”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/Redmi 5 Plus (“vince”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Redmi Note 5 AI (“whyred”)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (“tulip”)
There are some devices in the list that might seem out of place. For instance, the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is only sold internationally while the Mi Pad 4 and Mi 6X are only sold in China. Thus, it doesn’t make sense for there to be an out-of-region restriction since it isn’t possible to flash an out-of-region MIUI version. We assume these devices were listed for completeness as it’s possible these devices may be launched in other markets in the future.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook group and page to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets and more from the technology world of the future.