In today’s competitive time, almost all companies and organizations are running through data. So companies have realized that to hire data scientists, academic institutions are scrambling to put together data science programs. As new approaches and technologies appear every week, it is impossible to be an expert in everything. So learning big data separately might be beneficial for those who want to start their career in this domain.
Through Big Data, data-driven decisions provide competitive advantages that are more effective and more efficient than human-generated decisions. It refers to the practice of basing the decision on the analysis of data rather than purely on intuition. Big data helps to make decisions based on experience and on the best possible scenario. It provides a foundation for companies that want to start AI projects as Artificial intelligence is one of the most desired areas of expertise in business today. AI almost builds on exactly the same processing capabilities and techniques that are required in big data organizations.
So Big Data skills are always in high demand and the request for skilled professionals in this field is growing rapidly. At the same time supply is less than demand which results in a huge increase in salaries and payment for people who have the required skill set. One of the attractions to studying big data is the investment in this field keeps growing year over year. The Big Data software, hardware, and services are expected to maintain a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 12% by 2021.
This article will tell you about some of the online resources to learn Big Data.
Top 6 Online Courses To Learn Big Data
There are several courses available online to help you break into the industry. Some of them are mentioned below.
- AWS Big Data Certification Training Course by Simplilearn- This AWS big data courseprepares you for all aspects of hosting big data and performing distributed processing on the AWS platform and has been aligned to the AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty exam. It helps you become familiar with the fundamentals of cloud computing and its deployment models. It is specially developed by industry leaders and offers the latest best practices and real-life industry-based projects.
This certification course covers Amazon’s AWS cloud platform, AWS big data storage, Kinesis Analytics, Processing Analysis, Security services and Visualization, Machine learning algorithms, and much more. It covers skills such as AWS quicksight, AWS Lambda and Glue, s3 and DynamoDB, and Kinesis streams. It offers both corporate training and an online Bootcamp. This course is best suited to experienced technology professionals who want to excel in the data engineering space.
- CCP Spark and Hadoop developer by Cloudera- This certification is recognized worldwide, offered by Cloudera that is probably the most familiar name in the world of Big Data Training. Cloudera’s developer training course for Apache Spark and Hadoop includes an introduction to apache Hadoop and Hadoop Ecosystem, RDD Overview, Apache Hadoop file storage, Apache Spark Basics, Distributed processing on an Apache Hadoop Cluster, Aggregating Data with Pair RDDS, Distributed processing, Distributed Data persistence, Transforming Data with RDDS, Work Datasets in Scala, Writing, Configuring and Running Apache Spark Applications, and many more topics.
This course will teach you about How to use Spark SQL to query data, real-time processing using spark streaming, create applications with Apache Spark 2, work with big data from the distributed file system, write applications that use core Spark, and how to execute Spark applications on a Hadoop Cluster.
- Big Data Certification Course (Coursera)- This requires no prior experience to take up this specialization. It guides you with all the essential concepts to ace this program. It helps drive better decisions by understanding how big data is interpreted and analyzed. With this certification, you can experience how to perform predictive modeling and leverage graph analytics to model problems. It covers different intriguing topics like machine learning with big data, etc. This course also provides a final project that will give you an opportunity to implement the knowledge gained throughout the lecture sessions.
- Data Science Certification from Harvard University (edX)- This course helps you to learnkey data science essentials that include R and Machine learning using real-world case studies to land your career in the field of data science. It is considered the best-rated online master’s programs available on leading e-learning platforms. It includes Visualization, R Basics, Probability, Productivity Tools, Inference and Modeling, Machine Learning, Linear regression, and Wrangling followed up with a Capstone project to test and try all that you learn in the course.
- Big Data Specialization (UC San Diego, Coursera) – This course will help you understand what insights big data can provide through hands-on experience with the systems and tools used by big data scientists and engineers. There is no previous programming experience required because you will be guided through the basics of using Hadoop with MapReduce, Pig, Spark, and Hive. This course provides codes to experience how one can perform predictive modeling and leverage graph analytics to model problems.
Related paths to this specialization course are Big data, Data Engineering, Machine Learning on GCP Specialization, Big Data Essentials: HDFS, MapReduce, and Spark RDD (Yandex), Modern Big Data Analysis with SQL Specialization (Cloudera).
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (Coursera)- This certification course consists of a series of 9 courses that help you to acquire skills and work on the projects available in the industry. It covers a broad range of topics including data visualization, libraries, analysis, and open-source tools. It also provides you with multiple assignments and projects to showcase your skills and enhance your portfolio. It offers a lot of opportunities to implement the skills covered in the lessons and using real-world datasets and real-world tools. Here also no prior computer science knowledge or programming is required as all the topics are covered from scratch.
Data science is an interesting, vast, and rewarding field to study and be a part of. These were some of the best Big Data Certification courses available online. So opt for any course which suits your prior experience and requirements. These courses can help you to kick start your career in Big Data.