Activation lock is designed to keep Apple devices and user information safe, but sometimes, it can become a problem. If you buy an iPhone or iPad (especially from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller) that previously belonged to someone else and is still linked to the previous owner’s Apple account, setting up and using your device will be impossible. This activation lock stops others from using that phone until the original owner enters their iCloud login details and removes the lock.
Now, you can simply activate your iPhone using the details from the previous owner. However, this is quite a thing of luck as chances are you probably have no idea of the whereabouts of the previous owner. Thus, it is difficult for most people to approach the previous owner, which ultimately means that removing the activation lock might get near to impossible for you.
Ways for Removing Activation Lock on iPhone or iPad
Worry not, as there are ways and tools you can to remove activation lock without a previous owner and get benefit from your device. Most popular techniques include the DNS bypass method, using a bypass tool, and contacting Apple Support for help.
- The DNS method will require some knowledge about server technicalities at the basic level, which we will discuss in detail in this article.
- If you rely on Apple Support for further information, you can contact the team, but this facility is not available in all regions.
- For a relatively quicker way, you can easily get the help of a bypass tool like WooTechy iSalvor that will help you remove activation lock from your iPhone or iPad giving you don’t have a previous owner.
Via DNS Bypass Method
Luckily, the DNS method is among some techniques that can help you get over the restriction and get to the home screen on your device.
Most of the iPhones nowadays are running the latest version of iOS. However, if your phone is running an older or an outdated version of the software system, then a DNS method can be used to bypass the activation lock on your device. The process locates and uses a loophole in your settings, specifically in your phone’s WiFi DNS settings, and get your iPhone into thinking that it is now unlocked.
The following are the steps that show how to remove the activation lock without the previous owner on your iOS device.
- Step 1– Start your device and wait till the WiFi page appears.
- Step 2– When you are on the WiFi screen, connect to a WiFi network, and then tap on the “i” icon next to your network name.
- Step 3– On the next page, tap on the Configure DNS option.
- Step 4– Choose the Manual option at the top and then use one of the following DNS values.
- North America – 184.108.40.206
- South America – 220.127.116.11
- Europe – 18.104.22.168
- Asia – 22.214.171.124
- Australia and Oceania – 126.96.36.199
Your phone should get unlocked but remember there is no guarantee that the method will work. Moreover, it is not compatible with all iPhone models. However, you may use and enjoy all the features and apps on your device if it works.
WooTechy iSalvor Bypass Tool
WooTechy iSalvor is a quick and effective bypass tool for removing the activation lock from your iPhone. Once you remove the activation lock, you can enjoy all the features; the tool works for the iOS 13 version and above.
Why we love the tool?
- It is compatible with all iPhones (5s and above, which means iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and iOS 14).
- Does not limit features.
- Offers a guaranteed way with a remarkably high success rate.
- Users can try before buying.
- It bypasses activation lock in simple and quick steps.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee.
- 100% safe, guaranteed and privacy protected.
Bypassing activation lock with WooTechy iSalvor bypass tool
- Step 1
Using the bypass the iCloud activation lock screen mode on WooTechy iSalvor, you can quickly remove the activation lock. Simply download the program on your Mac or PC, open and choose the mode “iCloud Activation Lock Screen” on your screen.
- Step 2
Connect your iDevice with the desktop using a lightning table. If not properly connected, check the “Your iDevice can’t be Recognized” for details.
- Step 3
You need to jailbreak your iDevice before using the tool for bypass. Download the package and click the “Start Jailbreak” option. Proceed to choose the instructions and click “Next” to continue. Then click “Finish Jailbreak” to end the process.
- Step 4
Next, you will view the information of your iPhone or iPad appearing on your screen. See your device model, IMEI, iOS version, UDID, and serial number prior to initiating the bypass process. Now click the “Start Bypass” option.
Now, WooTechy iSalvor will start the bypassing process of the Apple activation lock screen in a couple of seconds. The entire process will take only a few seconds. As the process is completed, features such as iTunes ID, Apple ID, Apple Store, among others, will be accessible.
When the process is finished, it will display the results on the desktop screen, which means that the lock screen is bypassed successfully. Choose the “Done” option to complete the process.
If using a software solution is not your cup of tea, various services can also be used to remove iCloud Activation Locks without previous owner passwords. In particular, AppleiPhoneUnlock offers this service, and they are one of the best in the market for a lot of reasons.
- Phones in any country can be unlocked using this service.
- Can permanently remove activation lock without the previous owner.
- Supports all models of iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch.
- Compatible with all iOS versions.
- iPhones are unlocked in less than 72 hours (with Fast Track, just 24 hours!).
- Carrier lock removals are also available for hundreds of carriers all over the world.
If this is the service you want to use, go ahead and follow these steps to turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock without the previous owner.
- Step 1– Go to the AppleiPhoneUnlock iCloud Removal page.
- Step 2– Type your iPhone’s IMEI number, select the device model from the list, and then click on the iCloud Unlock button.
- Step 3– Next, agree to the terms of service by checking the box, decide if you want to Fast Track your order, and choose a payment method.
Once your order has been placed, unlock will be processed within 1-72 hours, depending on if you added Fast Track.
Using a paid service like AppleiPhoneUnlock pretty much guarantees that the iCloud Activation Lock will be removed because this service is handy and one of the easiest ways of bypassing the lock.
If everything fails, you can request Apple support to turn off Activation Lock for you. To do this, go to a nearby Apple Store and take proof that you have bought the device and are the rightful owner.
If you can’t prove this, then Apple will not be willing to help you since this could indicate that the device has been stolen.
To find out specific information about how Apple may help you out, contact them, and explain your situation; they will guide you on what to do.
Taking Previous Owner’s Help
(A) If the previous owner is accessible
If your phone is attached to the previous owner’s account and you can access them, you can ask them to provide their Apple ID along with the password; this will remove the device from their account.
If the device isn’t erased and you see the passcode screen, you can ask the former owner to unlock the device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. The previous owner will have to enter his/her Apple ID and password.
(b) If the previous owner is not accessible
Even if the previous owner isn’t present, you can ask them to remove the device from their account.
Following are the steps:
Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
- Next, go to Find My iPhone.
- Tap on All Devices at the screen top.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Tap Remove from Account.
After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.
Removing Activation Lock
Activation Lock is automatically activated when users sign in to their Apple ID on an iOS device; it basically is a security add-on, and its removal is usually difficult.
However, if you purchase a used iPhone or any iOS device, you will not have to worry about being held back by the activation lock. We have provided you with multiple solutions that you can use depending on your ease and preference.