Google will release the first Android 12 L Beta version this month. Prior to this, Lenovo Tab P12 Pro took the lead in obtaining the Android 12L developer preview version, which can be downloaded directly from Lenovo’s official website.
According to reports, Android 12L DP1 runs the 2021-11-01 security patch and is “the first large-screen optimized Android operating system, providing developers with new APIs to provide a better App experience in landscape mode, including Easier multitasking, system UI optimization, etc.”
However, there are many bugs in the first developer preview version, such as not supporting fingerprints, face unlocking, and multi-finger gesture operations on the touchpad. Users who want to try it out can experience it.
- Does not support “copy application and data” in OOBE;
- Does not support fingerprint unlocking;
- Does not support face unlocking;
- Removed TOF sensor-related functions;
- Does not support the stylus button function, but the basic functions are valid;
- Does not support 2-finger touchpad function;
- Swiping the touchpad up/down/left/right with 3 or 4 fingers is not supported;
- Does not support Miracast function;
- When the forced desktop mode is turned on in the developer menu, it supports wired output (extended screen);
- When the forced desktop mode is turned on in the developer menu, it supports Cast (extended screen) via HDMI;
- WIDI is not supported.
Google officially announced the Android 12L operating system on October 28, which is an Android 12 system optimized for tablets and folding screen devices. Android 12L will focus on optimizing the system UI for large-screen devices, including notifications, quick settings, lock screen, overview, home screen, etc.
Google plans to release the official version of Android 12L in early 2022, in order to strive for the next wave of Android 12 tablets, Chromebooks, and foldable devices.
Google’s own Pixel series will get the Android 12L Beta version update that will be launched later, including Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a (5G version), Pixel 5, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3a.