These days most of the communication is literally on the go. Communication never stops, whether it is a work-related exchange of critical information or travelers catching up on their loved ones in other countries or states. If we scan the waiting area of any airport, bus, or train station, we can spot several people busy with their gadgets using the internet or mobile data.
Finding a Wi-Fi network is every traveler’s top frantic activity when waiting in the lounge. There is nothing wrong with using Wi-Fi to help connect with your loved ones or colleagues, but public Wi-Fi can be a hotspot for any cybercriminals waiting for a target. They can easily access your passwords, browser cookies, username, and any other personal information you enter while using public Wi-Fi.
Using a VPN When Traveling
Terms like cybersecurity and cybercrimes might sound like something involving the Feds, but it is not the case. Cybercrime rates have soared due to numerous people taking the security threats lightly and not protecting themselves and their data. It is perilous as public Wi-Fi is the best spot these crimes happen at.
So, to answer the question of whether you should get a VPN while traveling or not is an absolute yes! Whether traveling to a different state or another country, a VPN should be on your to-do list for traveling. VPN is a virtual private network that caters to more than merely hiding your IP Address. VPN helps protect your data by encrypting it.
Using a VPN while Traveling to New York
If you have any work or leisure plans to travel to New York, you should start searching for a. It will help you safely browse through New York VPN, the internet, and your applications while masking your activities during traveling. Moreover, it will help you feel at home while you are away.
In addition to masking your identity in cyberspace and encrypting your data, a good and reliable VPN will help you choose an IP Address from your home location. Once you are connected to an IP Address from the location of your choice, you can bypass any geo-restrictions on your favorite streaming app, local channel, or any other app.
Setting Up VPN for Traveling
Setting up a VPN for traveling is nothing drastically different than setting it up when you are home. The first step is researching and finding the most reliable VPNs compatible with your devices. Another critical thing to consider is to choose a VPN service provider that works in the area you are traveling to – which in our case is New York.
How to Choose a VPN for Traveling to New York
Here are some quick tips for choosing a VPN for traveling to New York. These criteria will help you comb through a long list of available VPNs.
- A good and reliable VPN should have servers in more than ten countries (including the US) and dozens of states (including New York)
- An ideal VPN should offer consistently fast speeds for streaming and using torrents
- VPNs that use high-end encryption techniques to secure your data are the ones you should choose
- VPNs should not keep any identifying logs of the users
- 24/7 customer support is an essential feature every VPN service provider should offer
- It would be best if you got a VPN service provider that offers multiple account logins from various devices
Do not get tempted to get a free trial version, as you would only be needing it for a few days. Free trial versions have slow connection speeds and sell user information to third parties. Investing in a good and reliable VPN is the best choice for traveling and then using it at home to enjoy all the benefits of the VPN.
Following are some of the best VPNs that work exceptionally well in New York.
- NordVPNis one of the top VPNs for New York. With over 2,000 servers in various US cities, NordVPN offers unlimited bandwidth and round-the-clock support. It creates no logs with P2P and has a double VPN for extra security.
- SurfSharkoffers the best value for your money. It has servers in New York City and over 24 other US states. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections with a strict no-logs policy, double VPN security, and 24/7 support.
- ExpressVPNhas over 3,000 servers in over 94 countries, including New York City in the US. It is the best VPN for using streaming apps while securing data with layers of encryption.
- IvacyVPNis also an excellent choice for money as it offers fast connections and one-click connect or disconnect controls.
- CyberGhost has the most servers worldwide (over 6,500) and over 1000 in the US (including New York City). It offers fast, consistent connections and is there 24/7 for any support that customers might need.
- PrivateVPNhas fast servers in New York State. It works exceptionally well with Netflix and Disney+, so if you do not want to miss out on your favorite content, PrivateVPN is the one to go for.
Once you choose a VPN service provider, install the VPN and sign up for a suitable plan. Download VPN on all the devices you plan to take with you so that each and everything is protected. Choose the server you prefer from the list provided by the VPN app, and you are good to go with a secure connection.