The Xiaomi power adapter with model MDY-12-ED obtained 3C certification. The output power of this charger reaches a maximum of 120W (20V/6A). The blogger has previously hinted that Xiaomi Flagship 100W fast charge. This charger may be a super-fast charge head for the new machine.
Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, revealed that the 100W fast charging technology has reached the early stage of mature mass production, suggesting that Xiaomi will soon mass-produce commercial 100W super fast charging.
According to the data released by Xiaomi Lab, 100W fast charging only takes 17 minutes to fully charge the 4000mAh battery.
Lu Weibing pointed out that fast charging technology needs to consider 5 technical difficulties:
- 1. Battery capacity loss: The faster the charging speed, the greater the battery capacity loss. According to preliminary estimates, the battery capacity of a 100W fast charge loses about 20% of its capacity compared to a 30W PD fast charge. Simply put, 5000Mah becomes 4000Mah;
- 2. Technical realization (technical architecture): ultra-high voltage charging scheme;
- 3. Performance: How to make 100W charging is not only technically accessible but to achieve long and sustainable charging time;
- 4. Security: multiple protections are needed for the motherboard/battery/charger, etc.
- 5. Cover multiple charging scenarios: Consider wired charging + wireless charging scenarios, and charger compatibility.
Some netizens guess that the first model of 100W fast charge may be the MIX series. From the exposure information, the next-generation MIX flagship may be named MIX 4 or MIX 10.
If the MIX series debuts with Xiaomi Flagship 100W fast charging, then this 120W super-fast charging head will be the golden partner of the new MIX machine.