Snapchat is a social networking service through which we can share photos with our friends. We can also use Snapchat to share photos which are temporary and expire when the photos have been seen by the recipient after a few seconds. This concept of ephemeral messaging is fine but there are simple loopholes to get around them. The user to whom we send the messages can just take a screenshot of the picture before it gets deleted from Snapchat’s servers. To conquer this loophole, Snapchat has put a security measure which notifies the sender if the photo has been screenshotted.
In this article, we are going to look for ways of how to get around this feature of Snapchat and how to take a screenshot of the messages without the sender knowing about it.
Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Clear App Data
This method to prevent screenshot notifications on Snapchat is a very long one and is quite a tedious process. However, it is the only method which can do the job without using any other applications on your phone or cluttering up your app drawer with third-party applications. In this method, you just have to clear the app data of the Snapchat application on your Android phone before it can send the screenshot notification to the sender.
- Open the Snapchat application on your phone and wait for the snap that you want to see to load fully.
- When the snap is loaded, turn off your Wifi or mobile data from settings or from the notification bar.
- Now open the snap and take a screenshot.
- Before turning on your wifi again, go to the storage settings for the Snapchat app. On this screen you have to clear the data and cache both.
Google Assistant is Google’s own voice assistant like Siri which can perform a wide variety of functions on your phone. One of these functions is taking a screenshot. While the conventional ways of taking a screenshot are recognized by Snapchat, you can just ask Google Assistant to take a screenshot while you are viewing the snap and it will not send a notification to the sender.
It is a method which can be patched by Snapchat in the future so you should make use of it while you can. If you want to know more of such Google Assistant tricks, you can check https://devsjournal.com which keeps on posting such Android tips.
- Open the Snapchat application and go to the picture you want to take a screenshot of.
- Now, you can hold down the home button on most phones or just say “OK Google” to activate Google assistant.
- Here, you can type “Take a Screenshot” or say “Take a screenshot” and Google assistant will take a screenshot of the photo and send it to someone or save the photo in Google Photos.
If you have a Samsung Note device, then you can also use the S pen to make a screen note which takes a screenshot without sending a screenshot notification to the sender.
Snapchat doesn’t recognize screen recording as a screenshot. This is why if you turn on screen recording while viewing a snap, you can record the contents of the snap and then view it later by opening the video saved on your phone. For this method, you can use your phone’s internal screen recording feature if it has one or just download a third party screen recording software from the play store.
In this article, we discussed some of the methods using which we can take a screenshot of snaps on Snapchat without notifying the sender about it. Some of these methods may not work in the future if Snapchat releases an update which fixes them.