I work on my laptop up to 10 hours a day, so it was a nice surprise when I received the Kensington Laptop stand to review. This is one of the best selling portable laptop stands on Amazon, and weighs just 1.5 pounds.
A little About Kensington
Before I dive into my review, let’s take a quick look at Kensington, the company behind the laptop stand.
Kensington has over 3 decades of experience in the manufacture of IT products- all their products are tested to conform to strict safety standards. They’ve got clients all over the world and they themselves are headquartered in California.
The company is better known for its other computer philepherials, namely trackballs and ergonomic mouse. In recent years they’ve expanded to keyboards, docking stations, backpacks, and yes, laptop stands.
Upon opening the package, I realized how minimalistic- and compact – the kensington laptop stand is. It folds up completely by default, so it can be slipped into any backpack without taking up much space.
When you’re ready to use it, just prop the stand up, and you’re ready to go:
Ergonomically Adjustable for your Comfort
The main point of this laptop stand from Kensington is that it helps raise your laptop screen to eye level, preventing you from craning your neck for hours on end to work on your laptop. Ergonomists tell us laptop stands are a critical part of good laptop stand ergonomics.
With the SmartFit System with color-coding, you can simply adjust the height and angle of the laptop stand based on your height, from 25 to a 50 degree tilt.
Really Helps Keep Laptops Cool
Overheating is dangerous for the laptop itself but so is dust. They say when temperatures reach more than 35°C inside your computer, the risk of damage increases.
One of the things I love about Kensington’s laptop stand is how much ventilation it adds to my laptop. There’s a huge cut out at the bottom where the belly of my laptop rests, ensuring air can circulate around and underneath the laptop to minimize it from overheating.
The Kensington Easy Riser At a Glance
To make it easy for you, I’ve laid out some of the other worthwhile features of this cool stand:
- Padded inserts. This is useful for laptops between 12”-17”, keeping them put. Your laptop stays firmly in place while you work.
- Adjustable screen height. You get a 50° tilt-angle so you set yourself a comfy angle and this in itself reduces eye-strain and backache.
- Folds flat. Great for when you’re traveling.
- It comes in a grey/silver/black color.
- Dimensions are 30.4cm x 28.1cm x 4.2cm.
- No heat buildup. The laptop or tablet is lifted off the desktop to keep cooler.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee, though to benefit from this you need to be sure you got your cooling stand from Kensington authorized Resellers.
I’m thoroughly enjoying the Kensington Easy Riser Laptop and Tablet Cooling Stand. Last weekend I was traveling, and it’s simply a case of tossing the stand into the back of a backpack.
Whether at home or on the go, I’d say that this laptop stand meets all my usage needs, being the adjustable stand that it is.
It’s the perfect choice for any laptops that are prone to overheating and works well with wired- or wireless keyboards.