It is quite difficult to imagine our lives without programs for converting video files from one format to another. Until now, not all devices could work with popular formats; luckily, the use of converters solves the problem at once, and you can always assess the file regardless of its format and technical specs. Of course, to make it happen, you need to have a good program at hand, and this is where Movavi Video Converter comes in handy. In this post, we will talk about this software solution, its key features, configuration options, and the main benefits the app provides.
Movavi Video Converter – Key Features and Benefits
The best thing about Movavi Video Converter is its ease of use and fast video conversion speed. The program works according to the principle of a standard converter: you upload files to the solution, choose the target format, and press the “Start” button. Everything that is missing in most conventional converters is present here. Among the main benefits that the program provides to the average user are the following ones:
- Free trial period – you can use the tool with no charge until the end of your free 7-day trial;
- Support for all popular formats– Movavi Video Converter recognizes about 180 formats (photo, audio, and video), and you can convert videos to any of them;
- Additional settings for advanced file conversion – you can adjust the bitrate type, size; alter a frame rate, or make changes to audio tracks;
- Additional video editing capabilities – you are free to use the built-in editor to stabilize shaky footage, add some overlay effects, work with subtitles, etc.;
- High definition video processing – the tool boasts of a high capacity and can process video files regardless of their weight;
- Frame capture feature – whether you like a frame in a video or want to take a photo from your home video, then Movavi Video Converter allows you to capture a frame and save it in any of the graphic formats;
- Manual and automatic parameter setting – experienced users can independently set all the converter settings, while beginners can always use one of the templates the solution offers;
- Adjusting the quality and size of the future video file – the result quality slider allows the user to optimize the quality and size of the video file that will be saved after encoding;
- Support for a wide range of devices – Movavi Video Converter is compatible with all devices regardless of their capacity or OS;
- Ready-made templates for converting data for mobile devices – the program allows you to save your video in the format used by your portable device. It is only necessary to pick the type of device from the proposed list – and the movie converterwill automatically pick the right format.
Thanks to the new NVIDIA CUDA technology, video processing speed has increased by 8 times in Movavi Video Converter. The program is compatible with Intel and AMD multi-core CPUs, provides increased encoding speed, and supports simultaneous processing of multiple files. Apart from the powerful converting feature, the solution has a built-in set of video editing tools. With their help, you can cut out unnecessary frames, merge several videos into one, crop the image, change the brightness and contrast, add your signature, etc.
Additional Features of Movavi Video Converter
A fairly wide range of additional features of the program allows you to perform various manipulations with source files and create completely new digital content with less effort and manipulation on your end. For example, the app functionality allows you to extract music or sound from any multimedia assets, cut fragments from any video and audio material, and many more. At the same time, you can improve the sound quality and transfer up to 14 audio tracks to another video.
You can also create animated GIF images from video files just in seconds. It is very popular to take screenshots from films or game videos for posting and then make funny GIFs from them.
Automatic conversion settings will help speed up the processing. Just select a folder, set the extension parameters, and the desired codec. A video will be converted immediately to the desired format and will land in the directory you have specified. Flexible video processing settings allow you to set the exact parameters of the video file. For example, specify the bitrate and resolution you want and other fine adjustments to get the desired result. If you use the two-pass encoding function, you can achieve an optimal balance between file size and quality.
If you want to use the program at max, then you will need to make sure that your machine meets the min system requirements:
- Up-to-date Windows 7/8/10;
- Processor with a 1-GHz frequency mark;
- AMD Radeon R600, Intel HD Graphics 2000, NVIDIA GeForce series 8 graphic cards;
- 2 GB RAM;
- 120 MB + 750 M disk space;
- 1280 x 768 screen resolution.
By the way, there is a Mac version of the app, which makes the program even more flexible.
How to Use Movavi Video Converter?
It is easy to get started with Movavi Video Converter. The program interface is intuitive. You won’t have to deal with multiple menus and sub-menus. The program flow is elementary and easy to follow.
Step 1 – Downloading & Installing the Program
To start using the software solution, you will need to have it up and running on your machine. Here is what you should do:
- Go to the official website and start a video converter free download;
- Run the downloaded file, confirm the user agreement, and initiate the installation process;
- Wait for the installation to complete and launch Movavi Video Converter.
Step 2 – Adding Files to the Program
You can use the “Add files” button or simply drag and drop videos from your computer into the program window. To speed up the processing of large sets of files, you can add entire folders to the program. This way, you can get rid of the need to convert each video separately.
Step 3 – Selecting a Video Format
You can review the full list of supported formats at the bottom of the program window. They are split into several tabs for easy navigation. The “Popular” section contains most of the modern formats that are most commonly used. If your target format is not here, you can search for it in the appropriate tabs or use the search. If the video is intended to run on mobile devices, then go to the appropriate “Devices” tab and specify the parameters of our gadget. So the program will select the most suitable format by itself.
Step 4 – Setting Preferences
To keep the original quality, or vice versa, change it, click on the gear icon in the lower left corner. Here, you can configure video and audio settings. Pay special attention to the “Quality” tab. If the tab is not active, resize the frame.
Step 5 – Indicating File Size Limit
You can set the size of the output file right in the working window. This will allow you to control the volume and not fill up too much disk space. Click on the video size information, specify the desired file size, and find out in what quality it will be converted. In order not to miscalculate when converting large files, you can use a trial conversion. Set the fragment time, for example, 30 seconds, and click “Trial conversion.”
Step 6 – Starting the Conversion Process
Before starting the conversion, indicate the destination folder where all the converted files will be sent to. Here, you can also merge all videos into one with a single format and check the result by double-clicking the file.
How to Edit Videos in Movavi Video Converter?
As it has been already mentioned, Movavi Video Converter allows for basic editing. Video stabilization, audio manipulation, cropping, subtitle feature, and a few more tools will help you make adjustments without the need for full-fledged video editing programs. To go to the editor window, click the “Edit” button to the right of the added file. In the window that opens, you just need to select the necessary tool and change the video to your liking.
Movavi Video Converter is a powerful tool for video editors and those who work with multimedia assets. The program allows you to not only convert a video to different formats but also to edit video clips. Even a beginner can figure out how to use Movavi Video Converter; the program’s interface is intuitive and user-friendly. You just need to use the converter once, and you will hardly have any questions or problems with the program.